The Student Room Group

Failing A Level Maths

I'm in year 13 and currently at a U grade in A Level Maths, I have a really bad foundation and get 1 mark or 2 marks in my tests. I have a passion for maths but I spent a lot of time outside of school in year 12 due to health so I have really bad foundation from first year. My teacher thinks I won't pass the course even with hard work. I don't know what to do ideally I would be so happy with a B/C on results day
Maths is a hard subject if your struggling anything particular feel free to pm me
Reply 2
Original post by foreverrocking2
Maths is a hard subject if your struggling anything particular feel free to pm me

did u do a level maths? Based on what I told u do you think I can achieve my desired grade x
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
did u do a level maths? Based on what I told u do you think I can achieve my desired grade x

Don't PM people.

Any chance you can attend Year 12 Maths lessons as well?

I would work through the questions on here: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/courses.php?coid=29
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Don't PM people.

Any chance you can attend Year 12 Maths lessons as well?

I would work through the questions on here: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/courses.php?coid=29

why shouldn't I PM people?
Also I can't because its not allowed in my school
Thanks for the resource x :smile:
Reply 5
why shouldn't I PM people?
Also I can't because its not allowed in my school
Thanks for the resource x :smile:

Help should be given on threads so everyoone benefits - and any mistakes your 'helper' makes can be corrected.

Why - in my [state] school this support would be given to anyone missing the amount of lessons you did. Are the offering help sessions to catch up?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Help should be given on threads so everyoone benefits - and any mistakes your 'helper' makes can be corrected.

Why - in my [state] school this support would be given to anyone missing the amount of lessons you did. Are the offering help sessions to catch up?

they aren't giving support sessions :frown:
Reply 7
they aren't giving support sessions :frown:

Get parents/carers involved . Why aren't you starting Year 12 again if you missed a lot? I find it shocking they are not putting support in place.
(edited 7 months ago)
I'm in year 13 and currently at a U grade in A Level Maths, I have a really bad foundation and get 1 mark or 2 marks in my tests. I have a passion for maths but I spent a lot of time outside of school in year 12 due to health so I have really bad foundation from first year. My teacher thinks I won't pass the course even with hard work. I don't know what to do ideally I would be so happy with a B/C on results day

I achieved an A* in A Level maths and I barely listened in school bc I couldnt keep up with the teacher. Basically try to do all the questions from the textbook. If your stuck watch a vidoe on that specific topic from TLMaths or Bicen maths. If you do edexcel, I would recommend doing the edexcel workbook questions - I have the link to this if you want.
Reply 9
Original post by foreverrocking2
I achieved an A* in A Level maths and I barely listened in school bc I couldnt keep up with the teacher. Basically try to do all the questions from the textbook. If your stuck watch a vidoe on that specific topic from TLMaths or Bicen maths. If you do edexcel, I would recommend doing the edexcel workbook questions - I have the link to this if you want.

Don't post copyright resources

Quick Reply

Latest