The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
"Being humble to superiors is duty; to equals is courtesy; to inferiors is nobility, and to all, is safety!"

Humility is a sign of actual "smarts" psychologically, I believe. There's an effect, the name of which escapes me. Actually competence will show through a failure to realise that others are not one's equal or superior.

It feels like knowledge of this effect is messing with my head :tongue: I tend to be insecure, does that mean I'm competent? If I knew I were competent I would be less insecure - but then I might be incompetent! :emo:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MangoFreak
Just got 5068 :awesome:

6480 with a 512 block and 256 block :emo:
Reply 582
As student, studying Sociology,Psychology,English and Health Care. I want to study Nursing. I wanna go up North for university. But i have no idea what GOOD universities that do nursing up north.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oooh, challenge is to beat that now :colone:

A great game on phone is 'smash hit'

I have that on my ipad I love it
Guys c'mon its getting heated, I have a similar sense of humour to fish, unfortunately sarcasm and wit is often conveyed as chauvinism on the internet, as there is no tone change as you'd have in human speech! I also like mango, I shall me a "conchie" in this war
Reply 585
Original post by TPK
As student, studying Sociology,Psychology,English and Health Care. I want to study Nursing. I wanna go up North for university. But i have no idea what GOOD universities that do nursing up north.

Google? :tongue:... I know good unis but don't know if they offer nursing :tongue:
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Guys c'mon its getting heated, I have a similar sense of humour to fish, unfortunately sarcasm and wit is often conveyed as chauvinism on the internet, as there is no tone change as you'd have in human speech! I also like mango, I shall me a "conchie" in this war

Bit late to the party we didnt want to have there, friend :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tara8000
Google? :tongue:... I know good unis but don't know if they offer nursing :tongue:

Bit late to the party we didnt want to have there, friend :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

SORRY! I was doing bio revision, I don't like conflict! And also the UEA in conjunction with the NNUH, is good for nursing, but that's not north, to me it seems odd to restrict your unis in such a way
Reply 587
SORRY! I was doing bio revision, I don't like conflict! And also the UEA in conjunction with the NNUH, is good for nursing, but that's not north, to me it seems odd to restrict your unis in such a way

Haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have that on my ipad I love it

It's so relaxing...

I love the sound of smashed glass (when it's not a window being smashed out of violence)

:lol: yeah, I don't think anyone ever gets it here :frown:
It's so relaxing...

I love the sound of smashed glass (when it's not a window :frown:being smashed out of violence)

:lol: yeah, I don't think anyone ever gets it here :frown:

I didn't see the comment about s----@ domination or whatever but I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds
I thought fish had dropped off the radar a bit! Along with Tara, she disappeared for ages too
Because I don't know how! Thought yesterday I did something useful, read through Biology Unit 1 :yep:

:rofl:

How are clever and 'better than everyone else' linked? If you're saying the two are linked then yep, probably am better than quite a few people here.

Someone's bitter over some advice basically.

Not going to justify anything to you, I'll be honest my advice was probably correct but you were just too hurt to have accepted it.

And why would I have randomly said do X,Y and Z for A levels, there'd have been a reason.

#teammango, that's so petty, you are a funny one.

You being serious?! Im telling you start now! Well done! I didnt know you do biology :colondollar:
I didn't see the comment about s----@ domination or whatever but I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds

Have you heard of an occams chainsaw?
I thought fish had dropped off the radar a bit! Along with Tara, she disappeared for ages too

Original post by foreverstrong_97
You being serious?! Im telling you start now! Well done! I didnt know you do biology :colondollar:

Yeah dropped geography for bio, wish I did art or econ instead tbh
Reply 593

Wow I disappeared for the longer time though :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You dropped geog!! No why??! Im still doing geog haha :colondollar: Eee economics :tongue: you were good at art, but would it have been good for your uni course applications etc
You dropped geog!! No why??! Im still doing geog haha :colondollar: Eee economics :tongue: you were good at art, but would it have been good for your uni course applications etc

It was so boring :tongue:

Thanks :colondollar: yeah, why not :tongue: I have like 4 other science/maths
It was so boring :tongue:

Thanks :colondollar: yeah, why not :tongue: I have like 4 other science/maths

True that but my class are so cute theres legit only 14 people in the whole year group of about 260 doing geog :colondollar: :redface:
Hhaha you welcome :h: ohh yeah true that, knowing you you probably would do it next year on top of your A2's haha :wink:
True that but my class are so cute theres legit only 14 people in the whole year group of about 260 doing geog :colondollar: :redface:
Hhaha you welcome :h: ohh yeah true that, knowing you you probably would do it next year on top of your A2's haha :wink:

Really? We have a good 20% I'd say doing it!

I've cut down now :tongue:
Really? We have a good 20% I'd say doing it!

I've cut down now :tongue:

Exactly thats why I was so shocked when i came here and half of us are dropping next year :colondollar:
Really now so taking 7 AS is cutting down is it?! :smile:

Have you heard of an occams chainsaw?

Bio is easy to be fair?! No I haven't as it happens, do elaborate

Latest