The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILovePancakes
Your highers must be so stressful!! :eek:
I nearly did the same, but chose to go down the humanities route instead at the end:
HL History
HL English
HL French
SL Maths
SL Physics
SL Geography

:biggrin:

Not really, I love all of my HL subjects so it's really great fun! :smile: Have you started your EE yet?

Original post by alow
You don't have to actually take the exam :lol:

I did papers to prepare for my Cambridge and Imperial interviews and it helped loads. Plus it makes FP3 look like child's play.

How mathsy was the maths bits in the NST interviews?
Reply 981
Original post by Bude8

How mathsy was the maths bits in the NST interviews?

Very mathsy.
Hi :jive:

I get the feeling this is very mathsy and sciencey though :s-smilie: are there many people who do humanities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a good at bothsy person but my passion lies with the sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Got a high B on my writing one but that was in Jan.

Speaking... we'll see :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :tongue:
Original post by alow
Welll that doesn't seem fair :frown:

meh everyone here can get it
Original post by Bude8
Not really, I love all of my HL subjects so it's really great fun! :smile: Have you started your EE yet?

No.. not yet.. the IB coordinator at my school is really on my back about it though; I'm the only person with no clue what to do! :frown:

Have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.. not yet.. the IB coordinator at my school is really on my back about it though; I'm the only person with no clue what to do! :frown:

Have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup :smile: I think I'm quite organised with all my work compared to some of the other people in my year :tongue: working on my EE already! How do you find ToK?

Original post by alow
Very mathsy.

Roughly the same difficulty as STEP I? Or a bit less?
For any one doing chem,
question on the preparation of ethanal from ethanol. Why must the the sulphuric acid and K2Cr2O7 be added drop by drop?
Original post by infamous123
For any one doing chem,
question on the preparation of ethanal from ethanol. Why must the the sulphuric acid and K2Cr2O7 be added drop by drop?

Otherwise it might actually react? As a substitution perhaps?
Reply 988
Original post by Bude8

Roughly the same difficulty as STEP I? Or a bit less?

The amount of problem solving you have to do is probably a bit more than STEP I, although you do gave the interviewers to help.
Original post by alow
My biology teacher actually told me I would have to improve it or I'd fail my exams :lol:

LOL, I have exactly the same problem, one of my teachers compared my writing to chicken scratches :lol: I'm thinking of trying to get permission to use a laptop for exams, but the whole process is a bit long and I think I've left it too late. :colonhash:

Original post by Bude8

Yup :smile: I don't know if that's a problem you'll run into if you do A level Maths, but certainly with IB Maths, there are some questions that you'll see and won't even know where to begin...

You're in Year 10/11 right?

I was actually thinking of doing IB, it seems like you get to cover a wider variety of subjects which is what I'm having problems with A Levels since there's so much stuff I want to do, but only 4 choices (my school don't let you do 5.) Unfortunately, my school have stopped offering it due to the small number of people taking it and it not being cost effective :frown:

Yep, Year 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Yup :smile: I think I'm quite organised with all my work compared to some of the other people in my year :tongue: working on my EE already! How do you find ToK?

Cool, what's your question?

I love ToK. At the moment it's my favourite part of the whole course. You?
Cool, what's your question?

I love ToK. At the moment it's my favourite part of the whole course. You?

I love ToK too! It's so interesting :moon:
Our teacher is really good too! :smile:

I don't have a question yet, but mine is in physics, and it's an investigation on hydraulic jumps
Original post by Bude8
I love ToK too! It's so interesting :moon:
Our teacher is really good too! :smile:

I don't have a question yet, but mine is in physics, and it's an investigation on hydraulic jumps

I think it's great how it really makes you THINK about things and how it links to everything else :biggrin:

Any ideas for ToK presentation?
I think it's great how it really makes you THINK about things and how it links to everything else :biggrin:

Any ideas for ToK presentation?

Like seriously, the IB is changing my whole life; aspects of it just creeping into everyday life. Asked an employee at McDonalds how they know the beef is 100% beef haha.

We haven't even talked about the ToK presentation - we're doing it next year.
The theatre I perform at has offered me an extra role meaning I'll be there for around 3-4 hours a week during exams, instead of the 1.5 hours a week I'd otherwise be spending there. Last year I survived quite comfortably on 3.5 hours a week, but those were GCSEs - AS levels are a different kettle of fish. Should I take the extra role or not?
Original post by Bude8
Like seriously, the IB is changing my whole life; aspects of it just creeping into everyday life. Asked an employee at McDonalds how they know the beef is 100% beef haha.

We haven't even talked about the ToK presentation - we're doing it next year.

I know! It's so enlightening! I consider things so differently now.

We're doing ours at the beginning of Year 13, before university interviews..
I'm doing Maths, Chem, Bio and Physics with Edexcel for all of em :h:
I know! It's so enlightening! I consider things so differently now.

We're doing ours at the beginning of Year 13, before university interviews..

Ours is around February or March next year I think...
How's your CAS stuff? I've already done my CAS project :biggrin:

I've started my own club within the school, doing cardistry. It's actually going really well, and I'm using it for CAS which is awesome!
[video="youtube;1oHNtE-uOAk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHNtE-uOAk[/video]
Original post by Bude8
Ours is around February or March next year I think...
How's your CAS stuff? I've already done my CAS project :biggrin:

I've started my own club within the school, doing cardistry. It's actually going really well, and I'm using it for CAS which is awesome!
[video="youtube;1oHNtE-uOAk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHNtE-uOAk[/video]

CAS project?! We just do 50 hours of each..

Nearly finished all but Activity.. I've started pilates to boost that up now though :biggrin:
CAS project?! We just do 50 hours of each..

Nearly finished all but Activity.. I've started pilates to boost that up now though :biggrin:

You guys don't have to do a CAS project?! It has to involve 2 of C, A or S, and it has to be a group of people, totalling over 15 hours. We went into Manchester and built a Rube Goldberg machine for the Museum of Science and Industry there, for Science Week.

Latest