The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
I'm still on Easter break:tongue:

Development days or something, I don't know, but the government must have some internal parameters for the break :tongue: It's a Monday morning is all I'm saying.
Original post by MangoFreak
Development days or something, I don't know, but the government must have some internal parameters for the break :tongue: It's a Monday morning is all I'm saying.

No this is the first day of my second week. Local government determines the holidays I think:redface:
Original post by Red Fox
No this is the first day of my second week. Local government determines the holidays I think:redface:

That makes sense. Nuffield manages the research placements by region, though, so again, I'm hoping the end of the Easter break (in my region) means I'll get something soon :tongue:
That makes sense. Nuffield manages the research placements by region, though, so again, I'm hoping the end of the Easter break (in my region) means I'll get something soon :tongue:

Haha good luck with it, I might be getting some work exp with Aston Martin but tbh I'll probably be coffee boy with a tiny bit of actual engineering. I don't have much in terms of extra-curricular things so I do need some work exp.
Original post by Red Fox
Haha good luck with it, I might be getting some work exp with Aston Martin but tbh I'll probably be coffee boy with a tiny bit of actual engineering. I don't have much in terms of extra-curricular things so I do need some work exp.

Yeah, I'd be concerned about being treated in the way so many unpaid interns complain about, when finding work experience independently. Nuffield sort of ensures that I'm doing actual science :biggrin: Aston Martin would be cool though (what engineering could you realistically do?).
Yeah, I'd be concerned about being treated in the way so many unpaid interns complain about, when finding work experience independently. Nuffield sort of ensures that I'm doing actual science :biggrin: Aston Martin would be cool though (what engineering could you realistically do?).

I'm not too sure as of yet because I've only just inquired about it. I probably should have applied for Nuffield but oh well:rolleyes:
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Physics is just annoying me right now

What part? Or the whole entity?

Today is a bank holiday though

You could get lotus around our end mango
Original post by Futuremedic2096
You could get lotus around our end mango

Say what? :tongue:
Say what? :tongue:

Are you not interested in engineering? I said you could get into lotus because that's based near us
Are you not interested in engineering? I said you could get into lotus because that's based near us

Oh it's an organisation. I'm a physics guy, but engineering is basically physics for less smart people (I kid :tongue:), and Norfolk isn't exactly a priceless gem among the physics world.

(just looked them up, car company, which suggests to me you thought I was saying Aston Martin would be cool for me; I was talking about Red Fox's prospective work experience :lol:)
What part? Or the whole entity?

It was just quantum
Oh it's an organisation. I'm a physics guy, but engineering is basically physics for less smart people (I kid :tongue:), and Norfolk isn't exactly a priceless gem among the physics world.

(just looked them up, car company, which suggests to me you thought I was saying Aston Martin would be cool for me; I was talking about Red Fox's prospective work experience :lol:)

How do you live in norfolk and not know what lotus is?
I agree with the eng comment
Original post by Galileo Galilei
It was just quantum

I think I've cracked it now, just keep at it, once you've done a fair few pp they're all the same thing
4 weeks today until my first exam..... Scary!
Original post by L'Evil Fish

NikolaT. You were nice to me then, what happened?:mmm:

Did you know I always stalk this thread and therefore didn't need to quote me? :wink:

And I've already explained that before.
How do you live in norfolk and not know what lotus is?
I agree with the eng comment

I live in Norfolk. I don't particularly care that I live in Norfolk :tongue: But I have heard of Lotus (first heard of it a couple of months ago, discussing Nuffield as it happens, completely forgot about it).
I live in Norfolk. I don't particularly care that I live in Norfolk :tongue: But I have heard of Lotus (first heard of it a couple of months ago, discussing Nuffield as it happens, completely forgot about it).

I'd prefer Australia yes haha
How come a new thread was made? :smile:

Latest