The Student Room Group

Teaching yourself Russian + distance learning

Hey I'm in the sixth form and I'm teaching myself Russian at the moment, using some introductory books (BBC Talk Russian, Colloquial Russian + Tapes) but I'd like to take a GCSE or some kind of qualification in it to focus my studies a bit more, as they often take a back seat to my assessed subjects (French, German). Does anyone know where you can find a good distance learning Russian course?

Thanks
ps if anyone else is in a similar situation please write back! it will be interesting to swap methods + tips etc etc
Reply 1
I sincerely do not believe that I could get help with finding a good distance learning course in Russian by going on that website. They deal with two quite separate things. I would class your post as SPAM. Shame on you.
Reply 2
:rofl: I see you have discovered the joys of the coursework.info bot. At least it bumped your thread so you didn't have to

I can't help you myself but I can direct you to a site that might prove to be more useful than coursework.info here
Reply 3
thankyou!nice pic btw
am in same situation, want to learn Russian tho am very bad at learning languages in general,

havnt started yet, am browsing for online courses, would like to learn it for future career so will start now, if u can recommend any methods/courses, much appreciated..
Reply 5
See if any local colleges offer it as an evening class. It's probably not that likely, but a few might do it :smile: My college, for example, offers Russian.

If you can't get a good distance learning course, maybe try the OU to see if they offer any beginner's Russian courses, or if theres a 'Teach Yourself' book/CD set available, you could try that! I started doing GCSE Spanish as an evening class, and we were specifically told to get hold of the 'Teach Yourself' Spanish set. So maybe those could get you upto GCSE level.

Latest

Trending

Trending