The Student Room Group

Lack of past papers- how to revise FP1?

Edexcel FP1 doesn't seem to have as many past papers as C1-4 since the module was revamped in 2008, and the Solomon papers are also based on the older FP1 module. Hence, how else could I revise FP1? I've got the textbook but I'm not sure how useful that would be in comparison to past papers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bobbricks
FP1 doesn't seem to have as many past papers as C1-4 since the module was revamped in 2008, and the Solomon papers are also based on the older FP1 module. Hence, how else could I revise FP1? I've got the textbook but I'm not sure how useful that would be in comparison to past papers.

Past Papers are not how one revises

They are useful to establish the areas of concern - nothing else - the questions in your text book can provide that - if you have completed all of those then find an alternative text book to use
FP1 doesn't seem to have as many past papers as C1-4 since the module was revamped in 2008, and the Solomon papers are also based on the older FP1 module. Hence, how else could I revise FP1? I've got the textbook but I'm not sure how useful that would be in comparison to past papers.

Have a look at other exam boards' FP1?

The syllabuses are pretty similar; just skip over any questions you can't do. If possible, do those as well. Learning additional topics won't do your maths any harm whatsoever :tongue:
Reply 3
Would it be advisable to do the old FP1 past papers and/or the Solomon papers (which are based off the old syllabus)?
Reply 4
Would it be advisable to do the old FP1 past papers and/or the Solomon papers (which are based off the old syllabus)?

Find suitable questions from any source

Quick Reply

Latest