The Student Room Group

gyg journal ⋆。‧˚ʚɞ˚‧。⋆

hello tsr!! i’m not too fond with gyg and student room but i really wanted to start something to keep myself going for the last few months of my alevel journey :biggrin:

subjects: psychology (aqa), mathematics (edexcel), further mathematics (edexcel)
predicted grades: a*, a, a
current attainment: a*, b, c

i’m trying to get an a in all my subjects at least but i feel like an a* in mathematics is completely doable for me as i got an a last year and i’ve been starting to understand a lot of my weak topics more. i neglect psychology a lot and further maths is my weakest, but i have hopes in at least getting an a in the end !! i also have a real bad problem with getting anxious in tests and flopping in the end…
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
watching this right away because i'm also a year 13 that needs a lot of motivation for a-levels at the moment! good luck with everything 😊
Reply 2
Original post by emmab0488
watching this right away because i'm also a year 13 that needs a lot of motivation for a-levels at the moment! good luck with everything 😊

we got this!! good luck with your revision and your efforts will always pay off 😊
Reply 3
Original post by mizerable
we got this!! good luck with your revision and your efforts will always pay off 😊

thank you!! you too! you're probably way more advanced than me if you take maths and further but i take normal maths also so if there's anything i can do to help then let me know haha
Reply 4
thank you!! you too! you're probably way more advanced than me if you take maths and further but i take normal maths also so if there's anything i can do to help then let me know haha

i’ve actually forgotten so much especially with stats and mechanics but thank u so much, i’ll definitely be asking u questions if i ever need help!! i’m also here to help if u ever need help with anything, i’ll try my best ^__^
welcome to GYG, glad to have you on board! 😀
some people who I think may like to follow your journey:
@Tatakae L @emm4nuella @Jieay20 @kayleigh_t.27 @studytee @flower girl

@emmab0488 sameeee! fellow year 13 here who does aqa psychology too! following your journey right now @mizerable
Reply 7
Hiya, WELCOME TO GYG MY LOVE . Im a yr 12 doing psych and congrats on your offersss.
Reply 8
Original post by emm4nuella
@emmab0488 sameeee! fellow year 13 here who does aqa psychology too! following your journey right now @mizerable

helloooo!! thank u, this is definitely motivating me to be consistent with my revision :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Tatakae L
Hiya, WELCOME TO GYG MY LOVE . Im a yr 12 doing psych and congrats on your offersss.

thank u so much ! glad to see an anime fan here, im currently jojo obsessed ^_^ still yet to watch aot unfortunately..
Reply 10
hello tsr!! i’m not too fond with gyg and student room but i really wanted to start something to keep myself going for the last few months of my alevel journey :biggrin:

subjects: psychology (aqa), mathematics (edexcel), further mathematics (edexcel)
degree: actuarial science (an offer from lse !! woo hoo!!)

i’m trying to get an a in all my subjects at least but i feel like an a* in mathematics is completely doable for me as i got an a last year and i’ve been starting to understand a lot of my weak topics more. i neglect psychology a lot and further maths is my weakest, but i have hopes in at least getting an a in the end !! i also have a real bad problem with getting anxious in tests and flopping in the end…

february 18
finished t-formulae exercises - woo hoo!! and new spec exam qs :smile:

Heya! Fellow AQA psychologist here! Here to support you 🙂
thank u so much ! glad to see an anime fan here, im currently jojo obsessed ^_^ still yet to watch aot unfortunately..

I acc have to watch jojo but id says aot is a must babe
Reply 13
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
Heya! Fellow AQA psychologist here! Here to support you 🙂

hello!! hoping to improve my psych grade, what kind of tips would you give?? i have started blurting after forming mind maps and it has been extremely helpful, but how often i have to do it is the problem ^__^
Reply 14
Original post by Tatakae L
I acc have to watch jojo but id says aot is a must babe

i definitely will after this exam grind 🙁🙁
i definitely will after this exam grind 🙁🙁

do that! and good luck on everything examwise, ive got mocks coming up and this week was supposed to be me catching up but it didnt turn out that way. hopefully from tomorrow tho i crack on properly
hello!! hoping to improve my psych grade, what kind of tips would you give?? i have started blurting after forming mind maps and it has been extremely helpful, but how often i have to do it is the problem ^__^

Ooo well I would recommend doing 16 mark plans as you kind of end up getting a good overview of the key content for each topic by doing that and it means you're prepared for tests and you become well practiced in planning for the real exams, but also flashcards (quizlet has been my saviour!!), youtube videos (psychboost and profpsych are really good!) and just doing 10 minutes of revision each day on a specific topic (so for example, I do 10 minute flashcard reviews, so one day I'd do social influence, the next I'd do memory and so on)!

What topics do you do on paper 3? 🙂
Reply 17

hiii omg, i do physics (aqa), maths and further maths (edexcel)! i got my A* in maths in yr12 (the official alevel) and i’m predicted an A* in fm, so let me know if you need any help!! it’ll be helpful for me to revise too :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
Ooo well I would recommend doing 16 mark plans as you kind of end up getting a good overview of the key content for each topic by doing that and it means you're prepared for tests and you become well practiced in planning for the real exams, but also flashcards (quizlet has been my saviour!!), youtube videos (psychboost and profpsych are really good!) and just doing 10 minutes of revision each day on a specific topic (so for example, I do 10 minute flashcard reviews, so one day I'd do social influence, the next I'd do memory and so on)!

What topics do you do on paper 3? 🙂

oh thank you!! i’m gonna definitely try some of that today.. the only problem is remembering the content is my enemy and so far mind maps have been helpful so i will be attempting to blurt today ^_^ ah for my optional modules, it’s schizophrenia, aggression and relationships, what about you?
Reply 19
Original post by xbqvz
hiii omg, i do physics (aqa), maths and further maths (edexcel)! i got my A* in maths in yr12 (the official alevel) and i’m predicted an A* in fm, so let me know if you need any help!! it’ll be helpful for me to revise too :smile:

ahh thank u sm ☹️ further maths is my worst rn and i really needed help on it… i’m glad that someone can help me!! i find myself struggling to catch up since my maths teacher reads of the textbook 😞 but could you give me some general tips if you could, please??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending