The Student Room Group

I'm stumped on what to write.

Many students expand their view of the world during their time in college. Such growth often results from encounters between students who have lived different cultural, economic, or academic experiences. With your future growth in mind, describe a potential classmate that you believe you could learn from either within or outside a formal classroom environment.

could you give me points to expand on? because I've been working this for three months already and I'm STILL stumped!

preferably about six points?
someone who's had to work extra hard to get where they want to be? You could base it on people who play sport...enduring knock backs but getting on with it?
Reply 2
strawberry
Many students expand their view of the world during their time in college. Such growth often results from encounters between students who have lived different cultural, economic, or academic experiences. With your future growth in mind, describe a potential classmate that you believe you could learn from either within or outside a formal classroom environment.

could you give me points to expand on? because I've been working this for three months already and I'm STILL stumped!

I'm not sure what you really want, but I suppose you will expand your view of the world by learning new things. Usually when you meet people (not just one classmate) who have completely different lifestyles/concepts than you. You don't have to confine yourself to a small social group of people and their opinions if you don't want to.
Reply 3
beach_surf_babe
someone who's had to work extra hard to get where they want to be? You could base it on people who play sport...enduring knock backs but getting on with it?

it's a POTENTIAL classmate, meaning that I have never met these people before. I'd like points on what I could learn from people I've never met before and with whom I'm thrown into a classroom.
Why do you have to write this thing anyway?
Reply 5
it's for college.
Someone who isn't afraid to speak his mind
Someone who does what he enjoys, not because it will bring him success, but because he gains something from it
Someone who takes the opportunities given to him and makes the most of them
Someone who is open-minded and fair when dealing with others, who judges people on who they are as opposed to [insert whatever]
Someone who is honest, who has integrity
Someone who embraces difference and appreciates different cultures, backgrounds.
Reply 7
ooh those look good. I could learn those :p:
Reply 8
strawberry

i know to which school system you're applying too cause i have to do that question aswell.

i was thinking that i might learn from someone who was really poor because i've no idea of the value of money. i mean i do, but i don't really understabd the concept of it not being there.....

if that made any sense at all.
When I was talking about a sports people- that could be a potential clasmate couldn't it?
Reply 10
of course! every year there's got to be some diehard athletes! :smile:

and cheers curry. UT is annoying. :P

Latest

Trending

Trending