The Student Room Group

MSc Nursing RPL

I’m feeling a bit daunted by the rpl and have looked into it for tips online but not finding anything very helpful and it seems really hard to find examples of how to present it or how to ‘map’ my prior learning.
I’m not worried about the clinical practise side of things as I have lots of experience and work related training but it’s the theoretical evidence I’m confused by as my degree is not related although obviously I’m putting transferable skills down but do I need to evidence specific parts of the BSc or can I present it a bit like a very detailed and descriptive CV with certificates etc attached ??
You have not really provided many details here and so it's quite difficult to know how to respond.
If you are unsure about the actual process, I would strongly recommend you contact the University directly and they will be able to guide you through it.
The RPL process differs depending on the University, but the underlying theme is that they want to see that you can write at the required level.
Most want to see evidence of your qualifications so far and some will require you to write an academic piece of writing. They will be looking for referencing, writing style, use of grammar etc... People do fail this process and so do take it seriously.
I hope that's helpful.
Original post by xjui88
You have not really provided many details here and so it's quite difficult to know how to respond.
If you are unsure about the actual process, I would strongly recommend you contact the University directly and they will be able to guide you through it.
The RPL process differs depending on the University, but the underlying theme is that they want to see that you can write at the required level.
Most want to see evidence of your qualifications so far and some will require you to write an academic piece of writing. They will be looking for referencing, writing style, use of grammar etc... People do fail this process and so do take it seriously.
I hope that's helpful.

Thank you yes very helpful. I will definite contact the uni as in the interview they made it sound like it was just a case of sending job descriptions, training certificates in etc they didn’t mention an essay or needing to write anything but I plan on explaining in detail how my previous education and employment will prepare me to do the accelerated course
Reply 3
Original post by Fortysomething
Thank you yes very helpful. I will definite contact the uni as in the interview they made it sound like it was just a case of sending job descriptions, training certificates in etc they didn’t mention an essay or needing to write anything but I plan on explaining in detail how my previous education and employment will prepare me to do the accelerated course

How did you get on? I need to do my portfolio of evidence but I’m absolutely stumped on where to start.
Reply 4
Original post by AL1994
How did you get on? I need to do my portfolio of evidence but I’m absolutely stumped on where to start.

Please have you been able to work on it ? I am currently having difficulties working on my rpl for derby
Reply 5
Original post by Fortysomething
I’m feeling a bit daunted by the rpl and have looked into it for tips online but not finding anything very helpful and it seems really hard to find examples of how to present it or how to ‘map’ my prior learning.
I’m not worried about the clinical practise side of things as I have lots of experience and work related training but it’s the theoretical evidence I’m confused by as my degree is not related although obviously I’m putting transferable skills down but do I need to evidence specific parts of the BSc or can I present it a bit like a very detailed and descriptive CV with certificates etc attached ??

Hope you were able to complete it,please I need help with mine (derby)
Reply 6
I'm doing mine at the moment. It is quite a lot but just taking it step by step and have been given 5 weeks to complete.
Can anyone help me with examples of their RPLs. I’m struggling to put it together and running out of time.
Hi did you manage to came out the RPL portfolio
I’m currently still on with it but I’m including references. Certificates and CV and just hoping for the best with it? Have you got something like this to fill out? That’s been the hardest part for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending