The Student Room Group

AQA English Lit Coursework

Hi! Not quite sure how this website works yet, but I'm starting my coursework for lit this term and I wanted some advice, but I can't find anything online. Any advice at all would be appreciated! I'm very indecisive so I just want to be comfortable with my book and topic choice, but I can't decide which books/poetry to read, or choose, or what even to write about. Also, I would be grateful for any advice or resources for writing the essays and hitting all AOs.

I'm on Specification B, so tragedy and crime, but we get to pick a book and poem of our own choice for the critical anthology. If anyone has done coursework in previous years, or is doing it now, please respond - I'd love to read it or talk over it! I had in mind so far: The Bell Jar, Catcher in the Rye, the picture of Dorian Gray but I'm stumped otherwise (especially on poetry). Thanks! :smile:
heyy, fellow english literature student here - do you have insta? im more than happy to help :smile:
Original post by colinnzcool
heyy, fellow english literature student here - do you have insta? im more than happy to help :smile:

Yes! @merlwins Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by bunnylearns
Hi! Not quite sure how this website works yet, but I'm starting my coursework for lit this term and I wanted some advice, but I can't find anything online. Any advice at all would be appreciated! I'm very indecisive so I just want to be comfortable with my book and topic choice, but I can't decide which books/poetry to read, or choose, or what even to write about. Also, I would be grateful for any advice or resources for writing the essays and hitting all AOs.

I'm on Specification B, so tragedy and crime, but we get to pick a book and poem of our own choice for the critical anthology. If anyone has done coursework in previous years, or is doing it now, please respond - I'd love to read it or talk over it! I had in mind so far: The Bell Jar, Catcher in the Rye, the picture of Dorian Gray but I'm stumped otherwise (especially on poetry). Thanks! :smile:

I did Dorian Grey and would definitely recommend it. It’s a really rich text and easy to do through most lenses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending