The Student Room Group

Serious: Benefits of Sexual 'transmutation' - a myth or a reality?

Is there a rational reason to abstain from masturbation or too much sex?

Does it truly build up energy and increase health, vitality and intelligence (as some 'wise men' claim)? Is there any form of science or logic to back this up?

Or are these effects merely present because of my psychology?

As many people, I've been brought up thinking that sex is something to be avoided and to severely moderate sexual expression.

I really need an answer for this.
Its pseudo science made up by prudes and sexual guilt trippers to try and trick the more scientifically minded that masturbation and sex is a bad thing. Science actually supports the idea that sex and masturbation is healthy, it actually helps prevent prostate problems in men and has lots of psychological benefits. Ask yourself this, why is it that 99% of these people say that masturbation is bad but sex isn't, physiologically and psychologically, the same things happen.

Of course, there is such a thing as too much of anything, so if you're doing so much that its taking over your life, thats not a good thing.
Reply 2
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Its pseudo science made up by prudes and sexual guilt trippers to try and trick the more scientifically minded that masturbation and sex is a bad thing. Science actually supports the idea that sex and masturbation is healthy, it actually helps prevent prostate problems in men and has lots of psychological benefits. Ask yourself this, why is it that 99% of these people say that masturbation is bad but sex isn't, physiologically and psychologically, the same things happen.

Of course, there is such a thing as too much of anything, so if you're doing so much that its taking over your life, thats not a good thing.

So why do I feel de-energised when I masturbate? Is it the psychosomatic effect of past conditioning?

How do I 'format' all the conditioning so that I feel alright again and not guilty about expressing my sexuality?

Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Kabloomybuzz

I am open-minded and really want to finally prove/disprove Happeh Theory as I exhibit some of the traits of a person who masturbates.

http://www.happehtheory.com/

Will someone demystify whether there is a scientific basis behind this (even if it is 'esoteric') as I do not want to be destroying my body through masturbation/gay thoughts etc. -- the theorist talks a lot about energy (qi) so I'd like input from someone who is familiar with these concepts.

Thank you!
There is plenty of evidence and you don't have to look far. Look for opinions of sex experts and therapists rather than that very unscientific propaganda website.

You do realise that fatigue and tiredness is normal immeditatel after right? Fatigue beyond that is likely to be down to a bad diet, lack of exercise and/or an existing health condition. Make changes to improve your general health and see a doctor if you're still worried. Stop being so gullible.

Quick Reply

Latest