The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by groovyd97
OMG I GO TO PATE'S!!!!!! That's so cool!! I'm in year 12, ask me anything if you want. I've been her since year 7 though.

The people who got into year 12 this year didn't do amazingly well, maybe it's got more competitive. One of my new friends got in with like 4 A*s and the rest As and Bs.
Good luck.

dhruv hahhaha
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2637662&p=46982029#post46982029

Guys, check out this thread. Looking for a study buddy :biggrin:
Original post by LiviL97
I see you live in birmingham, I do too. What colleges/sixth forms have you applied for? I have a joseph chamberlain interview tomorrow and Im so nervous :frown:

Hello fellow Brummy :biggrin:

I've applied to KE CH + FW + A. Handsworth, and Solihul Sixth Form. Didn't apply to JC, just didn't like the atmosphere there. That's just me I guess.

My friends have had interviews at JC already, and trust me. It's nothing to be worried out. They practically have your name printed out on the acceptance letter already. They just want to see you in person really, maybe answer basic questions about why you want to come here. Unless you seriously irk them, you'll get a place automatically.

Hope that helps. I'm a worrier too and I know what it's like to be in that sort of situation. But honestly, this interview is nothing to be worried about, truly.

All the same, best of luck.
Reply 183
Original post by Jalal Uddin
Hello fellow Brummy :biggrin:

I've applied to KE CH + FW + A. Handsworth, and Solihul Sixth Form. Didn't apply to JC, just didn't like the atmosphere there. That's just me I guess.

My friends have had interviews at JC already, and trust me. It's nothing to be worried out. They practically have your name printed out on the acceptance letter already. They just want to see you in person really, maybe answer basic questions about why you want to come here. Unless you seriously irk them, you'll get a place automatically.

Hope that helps. I'm a worrier too and I know what it's like to be in that sort of situation. But honestly, this interview is nothing to be worried about, truly.

All the same, best of luck.

Thank you. I'm not predicted the best grades in the world (predicted 5 Cs and 1 B :frown: ) nor are my reports that good but not terrible. SO i'm worried theyre going to give me a hard time lol. The only good thing is my reference. I don't know why I am worried to be quite honest as I will not being going there (it's my last option - I don't want to go). I almost applied to Solihull but it's too far as I'm in great barr.

Another edit: I had my interview today which went really well and I got accepted. I know what you mean about the atmosphere. The staff were lovely and so was the decor but from a distance I could here students shouting, 'Yeah, you get me?' 'braaaaap!' I know what you mean about the atmosphere haha. It turns out my predicted grades have changed from 4 B's, 1 C and 1 A so that was a pleasant surprise when the interviewer sent me the letter from school :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LiviL97
Thank you. I'm not predicted the best grades in the world (predicted 5 Cs and 1 B :frown: ) nor are my reports that good but not terrible. SO i'm worried theyre going to give me a hard time lol. The only good thing is my reference. I don't know why I am worried to be quite honest as I will not being going there (it's my last option - I don't want to go). I almost applied to Solihull but it's too far as I'm in great barr.

Another edit: I had my interview today which went really well and I got accepted. I know what you mean about the atmosphere. The staff were lovely and so was the decor but from a distance I could here students shouting, 'Yeah, you get me?' 'braaaaap!' I know what you mean about the atmosphere haha. It turns out my predicted grades have changed from 4 B's, 1 C and 1 A so that was a pleasant surprise when the interviewer sent me the letter from school :biggrin:

Oh that's awesome, congratz! That's a nice set of predicted grades you've got there :biggrin:

Anyway, does anyone ever think that we should like stop getting homework at this point of the year? Seriously, I can't do any revision because I've got homework on my mind and it gets to the point where I've no time to do revision... Well I do, but like, it hangs over your head y'know...

Ugh, must do English coursework for tomorrow... :s-smilie:
Reply 185
Is this thread still going? I thought people would have started revising now instead of texting about it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by BCMFM16
Is this thread still going? I thought people would have started revising now instead of texting about it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too bad we aren't texting about it :lol:
Original post by LiviL97
I haven't done any. How many hours you doing a day?

I can help you revise if you like, you're just my type. :wink:
Reply 188
Original post by Jalal Uddin
Oh that's awesome, congratz! That's a nice set of predicted grades you've got there :biggrin:

Anyway, does anyone ever think that we should like stop getting homework at this point of the year? Seriously, I can't do any revision because I've got homework on my mind and it gets to the point where I've no time to do revision... Well I do, but like, it hangs over your head y'know...

Ugh, must do English coursework for tomorrow... :s-smilie:

Yes ugh it's a piss take
Reply 189
Original post by Maths and cheesecake
I can help you revise if you like, you're just my type. :wink:

omg...im dead :lol:
Original post by LiviL97
omg...im dead :lol:

Lol WTF, I can put some life back inside you. :colondollar:
Reply 191
Lol WTF, I can put some life back inside you. :colondollar:

Erm... :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
How can you revise everyday? I can't because I live far away from my school and I have homework and extra curricular activities after school. Otherwise I spent Sundays doing revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you could use YT for videos when commuting from place to place. Videos can vary in length so choose what suits you! that's what i like to do
Reply 193
Original post by princess:)
you could use YT for videos when commuting from place to place. Videos can vary in length so choose what suits you! that's what i like to do

I do normally but then I get distracted with watching other YouTube videos....Dope Fresh Nation SAAAAN!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
I do normally but then I get distracted with watching other YouTube videos....Dope Fresh Nation SAAAAN!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

PVP SAAAN!
(even though I haven't watched them in a while :colondollar:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahha you're so funny, what's your number ? :colone:
5 weeks left n still havent started :frown:
Reply 197

That escalated quickly....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198

Lol nice try :wink: