The Student Room Group

January 2024 IGCSE edexcel papers

What was tested in English Paper 1 and 2?
Reply 1
Yeah, I'd like to know too. Need Jan 2024 as well as Nov 2023 before we can really make a good prediction.

Looking like Danger of a Single Story for paper 1 and Significant Cigarettes for paper 2 but that depends on what the latests ones were.
Reply 2
Original post by Mollyjg
Yeah, I'd like to know too. Need Jan 2024 as well as Nov 2023 before we can really make a good prediction.
Looking like Danger of a Single Story for paper 1 and Significant Cigarettes for paper 2 but that depends on what the latests ones were.
November Paper 1 was Between a rock and a hard place and paper 2 was The story of an Hour. Apparently 2024 papers will be out on April 2nd
Reply 3
Great. Thanks. So after April 2nd might have a better idea. My top three are:
Paper 1

Danger of a single Story

Explorers

Bhutan

Paper 2

Significant Cigarettes

Still I Rise

Not sure. There's a few quite equal.

Reply 4
Original post by Mollyjg
Great. Thanks. So after April 2nd might have a better idea. My top three are:
Paper 1

Danger of a single Story

Explorers

Bhutan

Paper 2

Significant Cigarettes

Still I Rise

Not sure. There's a few quite equal.

Me too, but I don't think Significant Cigarettes is coming coz it came in 2023
Am think Still I Rise, Disabled and Bright lights Of Sarajevo
Paper 1 is accurate
Reply 5
Original post by Black_G3m
Me too, but I don't think Significant Cigarettes is coming coz it came in 2023
Am think Still I Rise, Disabled and Bright lights Of Sarajevo
Paper 1 is accurate
Oh are you sure? I didn't see that. Ok if you're sure then scrap Sig Cigs then. That's annoying ha.
hi i need a help for november 2023 repaeat paper what they gave for friction and non fiction
Reply 7
November Paper 1 was Between a rock and a hard place and paper 2 was The story of an Hour. Apparently 2024 papers will be out on April 2nd
I've just seen on the Pearson website that Jan 2023 was the last Jan exam so there wasn't a Jan 2024 exam. So nothing more to come. Got to be danger of a single story.

Was Significant Cigarettes Nov 2023 paper 2 too because of r and non-r there are 2 texts per paper each time?
Reply 8
the papers have not been posted yet they will be posted on 2 of April that is why they are not on the website
Reply 9
the papers have not been posted yet they will be posted on 2 of April that is why they are not on the website
Nov 2023? Was that Sig Cigs as well as Between a rock and a hard place & The story of an Hour?
There's no Jan 2024 to be posted. The Jan exams have stopped now. We just need the four for Nov 2023 confirmed and we can predict.
Original post by Mollyjg
Nov 2023? Was that Sig Cigs as well as Between a rock and a hard place & The story of an Hour?
There's no Jan 2024 to be posted. The Jan exams have stopped now. We just need the four for Nov 2023 confirmed and we can predict.

Nov 2023 was between a rock and a hard place and story of an hour. there was only one version. May june had sig cigs, out out, young and dyslexic and a passage to africa
Reply 11
Original post by jjjjjjaaaaaana
Nov 2023 was between a rock and a hard place and story of an hour. there was only one version. May june had sig cigs, out out, young and dyslexic and a passage to africa
So which text is coming out on 2024 May do you think?
Top 3 for each, so will get two out of the three for each paper, depending if R or Non-R. Followed by two back-ups:

Paper 1 Danger of a Single Story... followed by Beyond the Sky, Explorers or Boys Messing. (Back-up Explorers Daughter and Chinese Cinderella)
Paper 2 Still I Rise... followed by Bright Lights or Disabled. (Back-up Night and Unknown Girl)
Reply 13
Original post by Mollyjg
Top 3 for each, so will get two out of the three for each paper, depending if R or Non-R. Followed by two back-ups:
Paper 1 Danger of a Single Story... followed by Beyond the Sky, Explorers or Boys Messing. (Back-up Explorers Daughter and Chinese Cinderella)
Paper 2 Still I Rise... followed by Bright Lights or Disabled. (Back-up Night and Unknown Girl)

this is actually accurate
Original post by Mollyjg

what about a game of polo w a headless goat, that hasn’t come up at all in the new spec for non regional

Quick Reply

Latest