The Student Room Group

Doing gcse (2024) how we feeling?

How we feeling everyone for 11 GCSE's this year?

Scroll to see replies

very scared been revising nonstop
Original post by _welovegsces
very scared been revising nonstop

Don't be scared!!!! I took my GCSEs a few months ago and honestly once you get in the hall it's not as tense as teachers make it out to be. You do so much practice and mocks it almost just feels like another in-class test, but in a different room. It's important to prepare for the exams, but make sure you take breaks!! Revising non-stop could lead to burnout so make sure to rest and get enough sleep, eat well etc, if you work too much without rest it can lead to not being able to focus properly, and can be unproductive. Remember to look after yourself!! And I'm here if you need some help with studies :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
Don't be scared!!!! I took my GCSEs a few months ago and honestly once you get in the hall it's not as tense as teachers make it out to be. You do so much practice and mocks it almost just feels like another in-class test, but in a different room. It's important to prepare for the exams, but make sure you take breaks!! Revising non-stop could lead to burnout so make sure to rest and get enough sleep, eat well etc, if you work too much without rest it can lead to not being able to focus properly, and can be unproductive. Remember to look after yourself!! And I'm here if you need some help with studies :smile:

Did mine this year too and I agree with this completely!

Do 1-2 hours a day and keep it varied between all your subjects and you’ll do great’
Reply 4
Original post by aditya nair12344

Scared
Original post by Arivq
Scared

what makes you scared , is it the realisation that you might fail or might not get the grades you want ?
well , you probably just have done your year 11 mocks and see what you get on their if you are getting good grades be happy about yourself because you know you are doing well , and even if you are doing well , it is not the sign that you don't have to do any more revsion you still do so, give yourself a pat on the back and keep pushing hard and this will pay back in the future and you will be very happy then
Naahhh im SUPER scared and plus im at this point that I don't even know how to revise for mathssss coz ive done past papers and maths genie but honestly they haven't graded me up 😭
Original post by Averagelife
Naahhh im SUPER scared and plus im at this point that I don't even know how to revise for mathssss coz ive done past papers and maths genie but honestly they haven't graded me up 😭

what’s your current grade? i’m predicted 9s in both maths and further maths and honestly maths genie and corbett maths are so helpful. i prefer corbett maths because the questions are more challenging and there are videos to explain each topic. make sure to constantly be doing past as maths is mostly practice. good luck with your exams!
Original post by httpluuv
what’s your current grade? i’m predicted 9s in both maths and further maths and honestly maths genie and corbett maths are so helpful. i prefer corbett maths because the questions are more challenging and there are videos to explain each topic. make sure to constantly be doing past as maths is mostly practice. good luck with your exams!

past papers **
well done for all your work so far everyone!! keep going - you've got this <3

hahahahhahaha good question.
past papers **

bruv im so ****ed rn cuz i was like 6 off a 9 on my mocks and i lost about 11 easy marks i could've gotten on paper 2 and lost some silly 3 marks on paprr 1.
Original post by battle_machine07
bruv im so ****ed rn cuz i was like 6 off a 9 on my mocks and i lost about 11 easy marks i could've gotten on paper 2 and lost some silly 3 marks on paprr 1.

well that's the mocks not the gcse's so hopefully you minimise it

My current grades are 7s... And 6s in a few.. i want a solid 8 in all my exams for the actual one tho.
Original post by jacksmith23
well that's the mocks not the gcse's so hopefully you minimise it

about that. My teacher marked me wrong and instead of 62 i got 67 in actuality which might be a 9-, so yeah hahahaha.
Original post by battle_machine07
about that. My teacher marked me wrong and instead of 62 i got 67 in actuality which might be a 9-, so yeah hahahaha.

Jeeezz bro 😭 im struggling to get a 8
And here you are with 9s
Jeeezz bro 😭 im struggling to get a 8
And here you are with 9s

I struggle with English that is my lowest grade, my grades are mostly 9s and few 8s , but English i get 7/6
I struggle with English that is my lowest grade, my grades are mostly 9s and few 8s , but English i get 7/6

Can u give me tips and tricks. Pls 🥺
Can u give me tips and tricks. Pls 🥺

ok the biggest thing is you want to finish all the theory and then just focus on practice papers and exam questions, you want to do as my exam questions as you can get this will you familiarise all the questions, they can only ever ask you so many questions so you want to be ready for this so just do exam practice.So when you get a question on the GCSE's then you realise you have done a similar question to this before and so you can write the exact answer as you know what the mark scheme specifically wants form you.
ok the biggest thing is you want to finish all the theory and then just focus on practice papers and exam questions, you want to do as my exam questions as you can get this will you familiarise all the questions, they can only ever ask you so many questions so you want to be ready for this so just do exam practice.So when you get a question on the GCSE's then you realise you have done a similar question to this before and so you can write the exact answer as you know what the mark scheme specifically wants form you.
Do you recommend any specific websites ? coz ive done everything from maths genie... Also , shall i do IGCSE maths questions aswell ? i Do GCSE but just want to know if i should be doing IGCSE practice questions aswell .

Quick Reply

Latest