The Student Room Group

Predictions for English lit gcse aqa 2024

Any predictions for power and conflict poetry, lotf, Jekyll and Hyde or Macbeth? Feel free to discuss any of the others here too!
lanyon or utterson might come up
Original post by LadyOfTheGeeks
Any predictions for power and conflict poetry, lotf, Jekyll and Hyde or Macbeth? Feel free to discuss any of the others here too!

For J&H its probably a theme like duality or reputation, if characters then utterson as they haven’t asked anything about him despite him being the main protagonist
Reply 3
The past two years have been based on characters so the chance of another character coming up this year is low. If it were to be a character then i think it would most likely be Utterson. However, themes are more likely to appear this year and i think it will either be duality (as this is the main theme yet a question on it has never come up) or it may be repression or science.
Original post by LadyOfTheGeeks

People have been saying for Macbeth it could be supernatural or kingship, but others say they have already come up so i dont know.
I think for power and conflict it might be the prelude or storm on the island
Reply 6
I think for Macbeth it could be kingship, and for Power and Conflict I've heard a lot of people saying either COMH or Exposure
Reply 7
macbeth might be kingship, guilt, supernaturals or witches.

power n conflict might be : exposure, checking out me history, prelude
Original post by ameeleea
I think for Macbeth it could be kingship, and for Power and Conflict I've heard a lot of people saying either COMH or Exposure

I hope its not COMH cuz how am I gonna link it to ozymandias
ik roughly how I would but idk it'd be that great tbh
exposure really good though hope its that
Original post by riley.luce

True but I think COMH would be really good to compare to London because they're both about oppression as a result of misuse of power
Ur right exposure is so good it's one of the best ones imo :smile:
Reply 10

link it to emigree, it'll probs be on identity if it is COMH cuz identity hasnt come up
Original post by ameeleea
True but I think COMH would be really good to compare to London because they're both about oppression as a result of misuse of power
Ur right exposure is so good it's one of the best ones imo :smile:

tbh I dont revise for English so I cab to go over London cuz ozymandias is the only one ik rlly well
Original post by moonuh
link it to emigree, it'll probs be on identity if it is COMH cuz identity hasnt come up

true but they tend to repeat loads
come is also hard as well so idk if they're gonna throw that on us since there's no foundation papers so ppl may struggle
I feel like ones with weather and nature might come up for some reason
Reply 13
true but they tend to repeat loads
come is also hard as well so idk if they're gonna throw that on us since there's no foundation papers so ppl may struggle
I feel like ones with weather and nature might come up for some reason

honestly, as long as u can make ur point make sense and link it ot he question, u can literally say anything. same w like macbeth, christmas carol. the question could be on kingship and u could talk abt ambition and link it to kingship. it's just a matter of having a few developed ideas and reading grade 9 examples.
for poetry it just seems hard but once u get into the exam with it played out in front of u, u can make some sort of link
yh I agree same thing with characters tbh like if they give banjo u can use quotes on Macbeth and the witches and even lady Macbeth u just need to provide some sort of link
Original post by moonuh

or even kamikaze as they've both been mislead my the governments propaganda

Quick Reply

Latest