The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Today marks the day where I begin to take my revision seriously. My first exam is Chemistry on May 13th. I am taking IGCSEs and hopefully 6 weeks will be enough to revise everything as I am only taking 5 subjects (I should of taken more I know but at least I'll get two igcses from da science).

The people who said they haven't started a few days ago have you now? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember GCSE's, I remember when I was able to sleep properly. *sigh*, good luck with your GCSE's everyone, A-Levels are interesting but you should always remember to keep on top of things from the start. :smile:
Reply 42
Btw, are you still getting **** load of homework?! I'm finding it hard to find time to revise because of this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by LiviL97
Btw, are you still getting **** load of homework?! I'm finding it hard to find time to revise because of this

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 6 homeworks for tomorrow... I only got them on Wednesday as well... So yeah, it's understandable. One English essay, the rest past papers...
Reply 44
On getting so much homework! Today I had a controlled assessment and two practice papers plus due homework

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by LiviL97
Today marks the day where I begin to take my revision seriously. My first exam is Chemistry on May 13th. I am taking IGCSEs and hopefully 6 weeks will be enough to revise everything as I am only taking 5 subjects (I should of taken more I know but at least I'll get two igcses from da science).

The people who said they haven't started a few days ago have you now? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

once i finish all of my essays and coursework that are due within the next week im getting straight into revision :biggrin:
after tomorrow and i'm starting hardcore revision as i haven't started due to coursework and i have to self teach myself everything i have learnt in the past two years,
thankfully i can grasp concepts easily when i have my notes in front and a few youtube videos but i'm beginning to get this feeling like i'm completely screwed, past papers is going to be my saviour
For my GCSEs, 0... I've started to make English Lit notes but haven't actually done anything yet :tongue:
Original post by chuckster111
I do! We've still got to cover the majority of Theme 3 and about 8 more case studies in lessson. tbh I haven't really looked at any of them since I've written them up so I'm working through them (seeing as geog's on of my first exams) alongside my other subjects and my teacher is RUBBISH and never in so i'm trying to partially teach myself stuff as well. predicted an A* for geography but i think i'd be lucky to scrape a C in the exam. basically i'm totally screwed

Urgh I can relate! We've soent way too much tine on our controlled assessment and now we've got to learn more case studies from a new booklet and we've got around 5 weeks until our unit 1 exam! I need all the help AMD revision I can get bur at the pace we're going it probably won't happen:/ wish I was predicted an A* xD im on a B working to an A! I work as hard as I can and I really want that A!!! :P what case studies do you have for unit 1, living in the built environment booklet? I really dont understand some of mine!:/
So far? Nothing. I really should because I have 10 exams in May :biggrin:
Lol I started in the last week or so and got 8 A*s
i revised 3 days before max except for my module 3 maths which was a week before exam. Got 5 a*'s which is decent
Original post by Killafrog18
Urgh I can relate! We've soent way too much tine on our controlled assessment and now we've got to learn more case studies from a new booklet and we've got around 5 weeks until our unit 1 exam! I need all the help AMD revision I can get bur at the pace we're going it probably won't happen:/ wish I was predicted an A* xD im on a B working to an A! I work as hard as I can and I really want that A!!! :P what case studies do you have for unit 1, living in the built environment booklet? I really dont understand some of mine!:/

Same! We did nothing BUT controlled assessment since December/January and only just properly finished it this month but I'm glad i've finished ALL of my c/a for all of my subjects FINALLY. Most of my theme 1 case studies are based around my area (London) so like housing and retail stuff in my borough etc but for the other ones we did migration from cerea to sao paolo and the yorkshire dales. The case study i hate the most so far is on ecosystems, i haven't even looked at it properly yet and i don't plan to any time soon, its soooooo long. and with case studies we've just been told to 'learn them' in other words memorise them as much as we can which hasn't been going very well :/

but on the plus side i've found a few good websites from other schools that help with revision as well since we've only got our classwork to revise from but hopefully i can somehow try to 'learn' the case studies and understand the work in geog so i can hopefully at least write something down in the exam no thanks to my useless teacher
Reply 53
Original post by noshahmad
after tomorrow and i'm starting hardcore revision as i haven't started due to coursework and i have to self teach myself everything i have learnt in the past two years,
thankfully i can grasp concepts easily when i have my notes in front and a few youtube videos but i'm beginning to get this feeling like i'm completely screwed, past papers is going to be my saviour

I'm sure we'll all do fine if we revise! I hope i can do it in 6 weeks eek! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by groovyd97
Lol I started in the last week or so and got 8 A*s

How?! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, just don't worry about them! I just made a few notes for each subjects and did the past papers - Most exams were pretty easy but english was horrendous...
Original post by LiviL97
I haven't done any. How many hours you doing a day?

KFGHDSHGJKFD. OMG.

I've been feeling really bad recently about not having done any revision, so I was going to make a thread to see if there was anyone else in my shoes, then I find this thread!

Haha, I feel much better now, but in all seriousness, I think it's time to revise :/

*Looks at chemistry book*

On second thoughts... :s-smilie:
Reply 57
Original post by Jalal Uddin
KFGHDSHGJKFD. OMG.

I've been feeling really bad recently about not having done any revision, so I was going to make a thread to see if there was anyone else in my shoes, then I find this thread!

Haha, I feel much better now, but in all seriousness, I think it's time to revise :/

*Looks at chemistry book*

On second thoughts... :s-smilie:

Hahahaha I HATE chemistry! I revised for that today :frown: still dont understand it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LiviL97
Hahahaha I HATE chemistry! I revised for that today :frown: still dont understand it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you hate chemistry? :frown: Chemistry is amazing :frown:
Reply 59
Unit 1 of Chemistry and Biology covered and confirmed with a mock exam in-class (AQA Triple Science).

Most of geography has been covered and maths just comes to me naturally so it'll only be circle theorems and vectors that I'll brush up on.

OCR Nationals Level 2 ICT is 100% coursework and I've had it marked at 2 Distinctions (Equivalent to 2 As...I think not).

Did a proper English language mock a few weeks ago, got a solid A and on the A/A* border for coursework (71/80, pending moderation).

The only subject I'm screwed in is English Literature. Better get some York Notes sorted...
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest