The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by WanderingWorrier
How can you hate chemistry? :frown: Chemistry is amazing :frown:

Because I'm not very good at it haha :biggrin:
Original post by LiviL97
Because I'm not very good at it haha :biggrin:

Oh :/ Chemistry is like my best friend xD Hopefully going to do it in Uni :biggrin:

Anyways, to answer the OP- Not enough. I've barely done anything actually. Freaking out because I need 10A*s D:
Reply 62
Oh :/ Chemistry is like my best friend xD Hopefully going to do it in Uni :biggrin:

Anyways, to answer the OP- Not enough. I've barely done anything actually. Freaking out because I need 10A*s D:

wow 10 A*s? I'm sure you can achieve that :biggrin:
Original post by LiviL97
wow 10 A*s? I'm sure you can achieve that :biggrin:

Reply 64
How can you hate chemistry? :frown: Chemistry is amazing :frown:

Because everyone has different tastes, likes and dislikes.
Reply 65

Wait...the sixth form you are wanting to go to requires 10A*s?!?!?!?
Reply 66
gosh I remember being so stressed in your position this time last year haha

work hard, make some sacrifices today and think about your happiness on results day and your prosperity in the future because believe me on this, hard work pays off as long as you focus your revision.
Original post by KingKumar
Because everyone has different tastes, likes and dislikes.

I know :rolleyes:

Original post by LiviL97

Pretty much, yeah. That, or 9A*s. But getting 9 won't guarantee me a place D:
Reply 68
Original post by LiviL97

surely not?! Without intending to show off, I'm at the 3rd best sixth form in the country (by A level results) and you [only] need 6A*s at GCSE to get in haha
Reply 69

can I ask which sixth form requires 9a*s at GCSE?!?! just out of interest
Reply 70
Original post by itsn0b0dy
surely not?! Without intending to show off, I'm at the 3rd best sixth form in the country (by A level results) and you [only] need 6A*s at GCSE to get in haha

Lol at 'only' so if you got 6 B's you wouldn't be accepted? Competition must be tough there hahah
Reply 71

praying for you

can I ask which sixth form requires 9a*s at GCSE?!?! just out of interest

Curious- where do YOU go?
Also, their normal entry requirement is 6A*s, but because my school screwed up my reference and told them I was predicted 6A*s (I'm predicted 11A*s), they put me on the waitlist. In order to get a place, I have to do better than those who have got an offer. The registrar said 10A*s was a good thing to aik for :/

Original post by LiviL97
praying for you

Reply 73
Original post by LiviL97
Lol at 'only' so if you got 6 B's you wouldn't be accepted? Competition must be tough there hahah

the application process was sort of like a uni, I had to submit a personal statement and then I was offered an interview. Turns out they liked me so the offered me the standard conditional offer of 6a*s or more on results day. Anyone that got less than that was automatically rejected.

hmm yeahh, it really is!! Teachers put a lot of pressure to achieve but sometimes it just feels a little too much for me :/ I suppose competition is one of the reasons why the sixth form is so high achieving!
gosh I remember being so stressed in your position this time last year haha

work hard, make some sacrifices today and think about your happiness on results day and your prosperity in the future because believe me on this, hard work pays off as long as you focus your revision.

Thanks bro, I've been slackin',gonna start some literature revision now, I haven't done any proper revision yet I expect top grades?not anymore :smile:
Reply 75
Curious- where do YOU go?
Also, their normal entry requirement is 6A*s, but because my school screwed up my reference and told them I was predicted 6A*s (I'm predicted 11A*s), they put me on the waitlist. In order to get a place, I have to do better than those who have got an offer. The registrar said 10A*s was a good thing to aik for :/

Pate's Grammar school in cheltenham.

ah right ok, did you not explain to the sixth form that your school made the error?
Reply 76
Original post by lyricalvibe
Thanks bro, I've been slackin',gonna start some literature revision now, I haven't done any proper revision yet I expect top grades?not anymore :smile:

I didn't start properly until easter.

don't be like that, anything's possible mate!
Pate's Grammar school in cheltenham.

ah right ok, did you not explain to the sixth form that your school made the error?

Ah yes, one of my friends has applied there xD

No, I figured it was best to not extend matters any further. I just hope I will manage to do well enough to get it. It's Magdalen College School in Oxford, by the way :smile:
Reply 78
Ah yes, one of my friends has applied there xD

No, I figured it was best to not extend matters any further. I just hope I will manage to do well enough to get it. It's Magdalen College School in Oxford, by the way :smile:

ah yes, I have heard of it before- it looks like an amazing school!

well, good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do well enough to get in! :smile:
ah yes, I have heard of it before- it looks like an amazing school!

well, good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do well enough to get in! :smile:

Latest