The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kolasinac138
I did literally none and got 10 A*. GCSE is a joke.

Yeah and I'm smarter than Einstein... :rolleyes:
Reply 781

I doubt it. You must of understood the whole content and gone through it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 782
Original post by WanderingWorrier
Study leave? My study leave starts 2 days before my exams do. When did yours start?

For GCSEs it started after three of my exams, but then I had a large amount of time before any other exams :smile:

Well, I suppose it's possible: for example, with science, I can just remember all of the content from memory- I just don't need to revise.

Maths takes no revision- it's skill based and I also find it easy - I'm a sciencey person.

Now, where I can't understand not revising is English, where you need to learn texts well - and for my exam, I need to know a play, around 10 short stories and around 10 poems. That's about 21 different plots to learn; 21 different styles of writing; 21 completely contrasting pieces of literature! That needs revision.

Latin- the literature papers need good revision- you need to know the translations of the set texts well enough and the stylistic features of the latin.

And that's probably just the start- GCSEs aren't difficult at all, but you do need to actually KNOW the content going into the exam.. So you need to revise, otherwise you'll have forgotten it all.
Reply 784

Woah!! What did I miss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 785
Alpha we need you!! Come teach this guy he's wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
Yarp, their further maths books are really cool :P no bs in it, all maths no ramble :smile: sometimes their science books just ramble a load of balls imo. They have many past papers and the questions are nicely layed out :smile: so probably my favourite board :smile: though I only do CCEA, so my judgement is extremely biased :P

Nice xD I hate maths books that ramble on and try to be funny *cough*CGP*cough*. I literally just want maths, nothing else.

Yeah, your judgement probably isn't the most reliable :tongue: I hate AQA science papers- they're like 50% science and 50% random crap that shouldn't be science. ESPECIALLY in Biology. Ugh -_-
Ready to start some serious revision this morning, I'll check back later in my break to let you all know how that's going :P
Reply 788
Original post by GoldGhost
Ready to start some serious revision this morning, I'll check back later in my break to let you all know how that's going :P

Same!! See you guys!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Target for today:
- Read my set novel
- Do 4 poem's
- Finish RE notes
- Finish history notes for cold war and Nazi Germany
- Finish P3 and attempt some C3 (:confused:)
- Finish P2

Will let you know how this goes and see how much I've actually done!
Anyone here do Electronics (AQA) or Engineering (Edexcel)? Nobody else I know seems to be doing the same subjects as me :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
Original post by majmuh24
Anyone here do Electronics (AQA) or Engineering (Edexcel)? Nobody else I know seems to be doing the same subjects as me :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about people at you school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
Biology > physics > chemistry :P

:backstab:

Biology > Chemistry! What is this?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
What about people at you school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously they are! I meant on here :tongue:

TBH, even in my school there's only like 2 other people who do Engineering and Electronics :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys/girls with your 10+ GCSEs :unimpressed:

Back in my day (last year:mmm:), my school only offered 6 at max and I've done equivalents adding up to 10.5 GCSEs. You are so lucky :redface:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
Original post by majmuh24
Obviously they are! I meant on here :tongue:

TBH, even in my school there's only like 2 other people who do Engineering and Electronics :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I was jk I don't study those sorry :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
Lol I was jk I don't study those sorry :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:cry2:

Forever alone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep reading loads of wiki-hows and stuff on Oxbridge and revision and exams and I have all my notes organised but I just can't sit down and do ANYTHING
Most of my friends have started revising but I'm just sat here like nope I'm gonna read a book on german grammar just because I can and feels better to procrastinate when it's learning something (just wish I could actually be reading something useful for like, an exam.) Oh weel. I'm aiming for 9A*s and 3Bs because I'm so delectably smart but at this rate there's not much chance
Reply 798
GUYS! My first exam is in 1 month 2 days time!!!! Omg!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
GUYS! My first exam is in 1 month 2 days time!!!! Omg!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one is it? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest