The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsn0b0dy
I didn't start properly until easter.

don't be like that, anything's possible mate!

Haha, the, but I know no literature (just started reading the books in lesson now:s-smilie:) and I struggle with history so due to new found motivation I aiming 1 topic/section/book/poem a day (~2 hours) . How did you do?
Reply 81
Original post by lyricalvibe
Haha, the, but I know no literature (just started reading the books in lesson now:s-smilie:) and I struggle with history so due to new found motivation I aiming 1 topic/section/book/poem a day (~2 hours) . How did you do?

I found setting targets incredibly useful too.
If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to help :smile:

I got 8A*s and 3 As
I found setting targets incredibly useful too.
If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to help :smile:

I got 8A*s and 3 As

Awesome grades!where you aiming for?

How did you revise?especially English/language/history?
Reply 83
Awesome grades!where you aiming for?

How did you revise?especially English/language/history?

Cheers, I'm hoping to do medicine at any Russell group university :smile:

English lit.- I thoroughly went through all the texts again, learning key points. I also bought a guide specific to my text (The Tempest by Shakespeare) to add further depth to my points. And of course, I did plenty of practice questions in note form.

English lang.- I did IGCSE so my exams were very structured. I just made sure I knew the technique inside out and did plenty of practise questions and got my teacher to mark them.

French- I just learnt my vocab thoroughly and did lots of past papers.

History- I made a set of notes by topic, and then condensed them into mind maps. I learnt all the structures and did loadsssss of practice questions
Cheers, I'm hoping to do medicine at any Russell group university :smile:

English lit.- I thoroughly went through all the texts again, learning key points. I also bought a guide specific to my text (The Tempest by Shakespeare) to add further depth to my points. And of course, I did plenty of practice questions in note form.

English lang.- I did IGCSE so my exams were very structured. I just made sure I knew the technique inside out and did plenty of practise questions and got my teacher to mark them.

French- I just learnt my vocab thoroughly and did lots of past papers.

History- I made a set of notes by topic, and then condensed them into mind maps. I learnt all the structures and did loadsssss of practice questions

aah, medicine, hence the grades :wink: ok thanks, you've made me feel a bit ore relaxed and thanks for the revision techniques!where did you get the French vocab?
Reply 85
aah, medicine, hence the grades :wink: ok thanks, you've made me feel a bit ore relaxed and thanks for the revision techniques!where did you get the French vocab?

no worries mate :smile:

I just went through my textbook and wrote out key words and learnt them
Original post by WanderingWorrier
How can you hate chemistry? :frown: Chemistry is amazing :frown:

I worry for your sanity.
I truly do.
Original post by LiviL97
Hahahaha I HATE chemistry! I revised for that today :frown: still dont understand it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL, I just did titrations today. OMG it was so bloody harrrd - it took me aaages too.
I have a C5 test on tuesday, and all I've done is titrations. Life is good. :/

Btw, I noticed you said you're doing iGCSE - are you doing it for English as well? If so, where are you getting your notes on the short stories/peoms from? It's just I intend to do lit at A level, need an A for my ideal college, and at this rate I'm not going to get an A. Need good notes :/
Original post by Jalal Uddin
I worry for your sanity.
I truly do.

Guessing you don't like Chemistry? :tongue:
Guessing you don't like Chemistry? :tongue:

Depends what you mean by 'don't like'.
If by 'don't like' you mean I want to go on a homicidal rampage, killing and torturing every single person who aided to the introduction of Chemistry as a subject in school, then yes. You could say I don't like it.

Haha, gosh I'm so dead.

I suppose I'd be better at it - if I revised that is. I'm simply too lazy to revise for a subject that scares me so. But exam time nearing, I fear I have no choice :/
Depends what you mean by 'don't like'.
If by 'don't like' you mean I want to go on a homicidal rampage, killing and torturing every single person who aided to the introduction of Chemistry as a subject in school, then yes. You could say I don't like it.

Haha, gosh I'm so dead.

I suppose I'd be better at it - if I revised that is. I'm simply too lazy to revise for a subject that scares me so. But exam time nearing, I fear I have no choice :/

Wow, you really don't like it :lol:

Same for me with Biology, honestly. I could be better at it if I actually revised. It's a hard life :/
Wow, you really don't like it :lol:

Same for me with Biology, honestly. I could be better at it if I actually revised. It's a hard life :/

Ahhh bio. I actually love bio. Did the GCSE last year but only got an A :/ Dunno what happened. Apparently 4 days revision doesn't quite cut it. Who knew, ey?

LOL, speaking of life... I have 1 English essay (coursework) due for tomorrow, ict coursework allllll due tomorrow, chem revision for test on tuesday.

*sobs*
Ahhh bio. I actually love bio. Did the GCSE last year but only got an A :/ Dunno what happened. Apparently 4 days revision doesn't quite cut it. Who knew, ey?

LOL, speaking of life... I have 1 English essay (coursework) due for tomorrow, ict coursework allllll due tomorrow, chem revision for test on tuesday.

*sobs*

Really? Hey, let's swap! :tongue:

Ha, I pity you :tongue: Jeez, that sounds like a nightmare :/ I have a french writing CA for tomorrow- I haven't written it, or learnt it. It's going to be a longggg night :tongue:
Reply 93
Original post by Shadoo
FYI I am working at A* in around 8 subjects and 2 which i am at an A with minimal revision i was just asking for the benefit of the community. If i was you i'd try not to seem to pompous about it cos that means ur probably going to have to quadruple what you are doing for A-Level whereas i am doing well with minimal effort. Pffh 'Try-hards'. Btw your name just says it all 'Alpha' and how egotistical your mannerism is. Btw this is all at a state-school. Your memory is probably miniscule compared to mine. P.S: I self taught my self and am teaching my self A level maths.

P.S: There is such a thing as being naturally smart.

That guy is such an idiot. I can't respond to his post direct, it's been deleted I think?

Well, incase he reads it. I'm not predicted A's or A*'s in everything, I got into a top private school in the country and was one of 69 pupils out of over a 1000 interviewed. Don't be so god damn arrogant, you can get straight A*'s in everything but arrogance is never pretty and you'll just get turned away. You're incredibly fortunate and others aren't that lucky. Have some respect, not only for others but for yourself.

The way you've just responded to Shadoo is actually disgusting. 8 A*? My friend got 10, that's in everything she's studied at all at GCSE. And straight A*'s at A-Level. But she's not putting it over everywhere with a head bigger than her body. Wow, you've learnt the tricks of the GCSE course, clap-god-damn-clap. Get over yourself.
Really? Hey, let's swap! :tongue:

Ha, I pity you :tongue: Jeez, that sounds like a nightmare :/ I have a french writing CA for tomorrow- I haven't written it, or learnt it. It's going to be a longggg night :tongue:

Sure, sounds sweet :biggrin:

Haha, last time I did an all-nighter-ish(last wednesday actually) I decided to get in an hour or two of sleep. Ended up getting 6 hours and consequently missed a controlled assessment lesson for ICT. So I'm a bit apprehensive about doing them again lol.

Eh, but I supposed it must be done. I'll probably PM you in the middle of the night XD! Have fun. Toodles.

*Remembers the amount of work that must be done*
*hyperventilates*
*passes out*

Literally, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens to me sometime today/tomorrow. Ah, life, how I hate/love you so.
Reply 95
I've been studying for two weeks now. I'm quite concerned because I just don't get maths no matter how hard I try and what I do, I just don't get it.

I'm pretty angry though because my school has set me over 15 pieces of homework for this weekend and I mean over 15 like genuine pieces of homework that all have to be in Monday/Tuesday. Is that not awful or what?
Original post by JayJay-C19
I've been studying for two weeks now. I'm quite concerned because I just don't get maths no matter how hard I try and what I do, I just don't get it.

I'm pretty angry though because my school has set me over 15 pieces of homework for this weekend and I mean over 15 like genuine pieces of homework that all have to be in Monday/Tuesday. Is that not awful or what?

I feel your pain dude, I really do. Tbh, I'm not going to get much sleep tonight with all this homework. But we must trudge onward and forwards, eh?

P.S: Math(s) = Mental Abuse To Humans (Seriously).
Reply 97
I feel your pain dude, I really do. Tbh, I'm not going to get much sleep tonight with all this homework. But we must trudge onward and forwards, eh?

P.S: Math(s) = Mental Abuse To Humans (Seriously).

I know right!?

Mental Abuse To Humans omg so right.
Original post by JayJay-C19
I know right!?

Mental Abuse To Humans omg so right.

You have no idea XD. I loathed maths. So glad I've already done it. Never touching it again.

Brb burning all maths books I have left XD

Haha, best of luck revising for maths. :tongue: On a level though, don't stress yourself out too much... Aim for a realistic grade. You can look at the grade scoring on the text book, aim for the grade where you struggle on those quesitons, but can eventually do. Don't even attempt to feel bad when you can't get the A/A* questions right. That's how I got through maths, got a B in the end.
Reply 99
You have no idea XD. I loathed maths. So glad I've already done it. Never touching it again.

Brb burning all maths books I have left XD

Haha, best of luck revising for maths. :tongue: On a level though, don't stress yourself out too much... Aim for a realistic grade. You can look at the grade scoring on the text book, aim for the grade where you struggle on those quesitons, but can eventually do. Don't even attempt to feel bad when you can't get the A/A* questions right. That's how I got through maths, got a B in the end.

Ah. the a-levels I'm doing are in the subjects I never get under an A/A* in aha so I should be okay... I guess.

I hate maths so much! Like, seriously, why do I need to know the area of a sphere, pythagorus and quadratics at the age of 15/16? Perish.

Hateful!

Latest