The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*bangs head on table* no we are not all equally smart! Are you trying to say that you are as smart as Einstein and Stephen Hawking
Original post by AlphaNick
I am.

I believe that I said I am not super-knowledgeable.

Furthermore we are all equally as intelligent. But I appear smarter because I am more efficient, have a better memory and am more dedicated.

Sheldon genuinely believes that he is superior... I, however, am just messing with you -_-

Different people have differing IQ and this can change over lifetime Intelligence is variable Whoever said you were smart anyway? :u:
Reply 1382
I don't think I've ever come across someone as up themselves as this Nick fella
Obviously I am not superior.. Think about it. I'm coming here, bragging about my grades and saying that I am superior. You don't actually think that I believe that?

Yeah, we are all humans and we are all within the same range of intelligence. Einstein and Hawking are not smarter than us - they just had dedication, efficiency and access to things which allowed them to prove their methods... If you or I were born in their situation, things would not be very different.

Okay, I am all sorts of confused right now.
So you don't think you're superior, you're just messing with us? -_-
Obviously I am not superior.. Think about it. I'm coming here, bragging about my grades and saying that I am superior. You don't actually think that I believe that?

Yeah, we are all humans and we are all within the same range of intelligence. Einstein and Hawking are not smarter than us - they just had dedication, efficiency and access to things which allowed them to prove their methods... If you or I were born in their situation, things would not be very different.

I would love to slap you since I cannot here is an Internet Bitch-slap You're now very welcome; I am calm once more
I think Nick is quite intelligent. It's just his attitude that ruins him, which is a shame :/
Original post by WanderingWorrier
Okay, I am all sorts of confused right now.
So you don't think you're superior, you're just messing with us? -_-

I don't know he thinks that he's smart yet he has the same intelligence as both Human Barbie and Einstein. Don't ask
IQ means nothing. I got 138 on the official IQ test, and on another one I got 180, and on a further one I got 120. They mean NOTHING. They just show your problem-solving aptitude.

I don't think I am superior...

great

So you're hated a lot in real life too?

Edit: You just changed it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I think Alpha just threatened me over the Internet... I am terrified
Ooooooh! Porcupine he's calling you out!

Porcupine!Porcupine!Porcupine!
No. People do like me IRL.

Not from what you said "you wouldn't be the last". You're implying that you're hated in real life too with that quote

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. People do like me IRL.

Oh if only they could see you now. You know, they might just be pretending to like you.
IQ means nothing. I got 138 on the official IQ test, and on another one I got 180, and on a further one I got 120. They mean NOTHING. They just show your problem-solving aptitude.

Lolz, of course IQ means something. As long as you use a standardized test and don't just randomly switch between interpretations, it is the best system of measuring intelligence we have. That's not to say that it doesn't have problems, but it's the best we can currently do.

Why you would waste your time and money taking those IQ tests is a completely different matter... :lol: From what I've seen, the only people who brag about their IQ are those who have nothing better to say :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I am superior...

great

I have to agree with his point about IQ- it means nothing. I have a friend who was invited to join Mensa and he thinks that makes him super clever.
IQ cannot be used as a measure of intelligence fgs -_-

Ah, well, great. See, I think you could be a decent dude if you dropped the superiority thing, which you've just said is an act :tongue:
Original post by lyricalvibe
Ooooooh! Porcupine he's calling you out!

Porcupine!Porcupine!Porcupine!

Hehe... did you read that post before he edited it? He said that if I slapped him in real life, it would be the last thing I do. Who says I don't look like Venus Williams and couldn't take ten of him in one go
Alpha can't take the heat! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majmuh24
Lolz, of course IQ means something. As long as you use a standardized test and don't just randomly switch between interpretations, it is the best system of measuring intelligence we have. That's not to say that it doesn't have problems, but it's the best we can currently do.

Why you would waste your time and money taking those IQ tests is a completely different matter... :lol: From what I've seen, the only people who brag about their IQ are those who have nothing better to say :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

IQ? Intelligence? I don't think so. I am agreeing with Nick on this one, which is a weird feeling. As he said, it's a test on how well you can problem solve. intelligence doesn't mean problem solving ability xD
Original post by WanderingWorrier
IQ? Intelligence? I don't think so. I am agreeing with Nick on this one, which is a weird feeling. As he said, it's a test on how well you can problem solve. intelligence doesn't mean problem solving ability xD

That's what I'm saying as well, it's obviously not the most reliable indicator of intelligence but it's the best we can do ATM and does go some way towards comparing people's intelligence, but having a high/low IQ doesn't inherently make you dumb/clever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I am normal. Do you really think that my appearances on the student room are reflexive of my real attitude? You are nothing to me - therefore I am able to speak like this. Whereas if I were this rude to people at my school, I would face the consequences the next day. In real life I am nothing like this.

No. I am not like this in real life because consequences work normally over there.

Lol because acting brave on TSR makes such a difference...
Instead of fistfights, people get into a form of intellectual warfare :facepalm: (I.e: I do everything and have 20A*s and so on)
Either way, you are the life of this thread - continue oh cynical one :awesome:

This is a revision thread not who's the biggest **** thread :colonhash:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's stop this now

Why now alpha why now? Please tell us don't worry you're in a safe(ish) space

Latest