The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pearl_ake
Am i the only one who goes to a state school here? :-o

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your not alone!
Original post by PricklyPorcupine
Yeah that's why the buildings are a bit rubbish Because we have little funding but we still manage fine grades wise

Yep agreed, rubbish buildings but if you Google your school and type report at the end, you can sometimes see a report of the school in the past years. I found out yesterday that students in my school on average come out with 4 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's. And the school costed FIVE MILLION POUND to run last year... You can also see A level results as well if your school has a sixth form integrated in it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lyricalvibe
Your not alone!

Where do you go btw? CHS? St Benedicts Philip Morant Gilberd
Original post by lyricalvibe
Im not sure how well known it is :/ what subjects do you take?

I'm in year 10. I did 2 gcses in year 9,(psychology and ICT.)This year i'm only doing maths,english literature and history.Next year i'm doing further maths,english lang,triple science,latin and RE

Sorry, i dont know why i felt the need to give you my entire school history..but yh :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh mine's an academy too. I'm confused.. Grammar schools are state funded?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :biggrin:
Yeah that's why the buildings are a bit rubbish Because we have little funding but we still manage fine grades wise

My school burnt down like 5 years ago, so we got a completely new building lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school burnt down like 5 years ago, so we got a completely new building lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our whole school moved from one side of town to another 50 years ago and this building is worse. The windows have been replaced so now we have like 3 walls and then a wall made of almost entirely glass in each classroom. It's great for sunlight :biggrin: Our formroom has two walls covered in windows
Just did a chemistry past paper and got 40/45 :frown:
I know it may sound like I'm boasting, but I'm aiming for 100% in my actual exam, so this is kind of disappointing :/
I lost marks for working out the mean incorrectly (forgot to ignore the anomalous result), forgetting to state things explicitly (i.e I said that ammonia condenses, but I was supposed to say that it cooled first) and on those dreaded three mark questions.

Any tips on how to improve?
Original post by Trihawk7
Yep agreed, rubbish buildings but if you Google your school and type report at the end, you can sometimes see a report of the school in the past years. I found out yesterday that students in my school on average come out with 4 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's. And the school costed FIVE MILLION POUND to run last year... You can also see A level results as well if your school has a sixth form integrated in it.

Yh. My school used to be so ****. But the grades have massively improved. Its now one of top 100 performing state schools in England. Our new building cost around 30 million pounds :-O

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by WanderingWorrier
Just did a chemistry past paper and got 40/45 :frown:
I know it may sound like I'm boasting, but I'm aiming for 100% in my actual exam, so this is kind of disappointing :/
I lost marks for working out the mean incorrectly (forgot to ignore the anomalous result), forgetting to state things explicitly (i.e I said that ammonia condenses, but I was supposed to say that it cooled first) and on those dreaded three mark questions.

Any tips on how to improve?

Be happy, you got 89%, I only got 60%. Though what I'm going to do is, do a paper once, mark it, then redo it in the hope that I'll get all of it right next time
Our whole school moved from one side of town to another 50 years ago and this building is worse. The windows have been replaced so now we have like 3 walls and then a wall made of almost entirely glass in each classroom. It's great for sunlight :biggrin: Our formroom has two walls covered in windows

Thats awesome! School feels too gloomy at times

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh. My school used to be so ****. But the grades have massively improved. Its now one of top 100 performing state schools in England. Our new building cost around 30 million pounds :-O

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like my school and neither do my classmates but when I say I go to my school I am kind of happy because it's actually really good and I am lucky to go there I just don't appreciate it enough
(edited 10 years ago)
Thats awesome! School feels too gloomy at times

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sunshine immediately makes you feel happier anyway :biggrin: I can honestly say it makes me feel better
Be happy, you got 89%, I only got 60%. Though what I'm going to do is, do a paper once, mark it, then redo it in the hope that I'll get all of it right next time

Yeah, but we did different papers. It would only be comparable if we did the same paper :tongue:
That's a good idea, learning from the mistakes you made, yeah.
I don't like my school and neither do my classmates but when I say I go to my school I am kind of happy because it's actually really good and I am lucky to go there I just don't appreciate it enough

Story of my life lol. I complain so much about my school but realised that i'm actually really happy there and have the most dedicated teachers ever!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seven hours a day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGMIzHDzEtI

Has anyone watched his video before? I don't go the school :P But I go to one that's like 25 miles away from it :P

It's probably one of my favourite examples of a school :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Well this died quickly...
Well this died quickly...

Right..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either everyone went to watch that video or they all just died all at once...

Latest