The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone
Whats the best way to spread out timing for revising each section, is it best to revise one section at a time or together?
Any advise would be much appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by radhikagulati
I am!
have you done any bmat revision yet? i've done nothing yet :/ hopefully tomorrow will change that!

No I haven't! I haven't even brushed up on GCSE physics and I'm quite scared to turn up without knowing anything :P

But maybe I'll see you around today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the online book they gave us enough? Also is there any bank of questions useful for GCSE physics? I really need to brush up on that as the formulas aren't sticking in my head!
Is anyone going to the BMAT crash course in London on Saturday?
Original post by lilixxx1000
Is anyone going to the BMAT crash course in London on Saturday?

No but I went to the one in Manchester and it was really useful, they gave a lot of good tips and the course handbook is great too :smile:
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
No but I went to the one in Manchester and it was really useful, they gave a lot of good tips and the course handbook is great too :smile:

Would you say the handbook alone will suffice? I'm overseas so unfortunately I can't attend any of the courses, but I did buy all the Crash Course Materials online.
Original post by Inglisred
Would you say the handbook alone will suffice? I'm overseas so unfortunately I can't attend any of the courses, but I did buy all the Crash Course Materials online.

Oh I see. I think the handbook is a good starting point, has a lot of useful guidance too. But you will need to do practice. It also doesn't cover all of section 2, it is a useful resource though.
Oh I see. I think the handbook is a good starting point, has a lot of useful guidance too. But you will need to do practice. It also doesn't cover all of section 2, it is a useful resource though.

What about for section 1?

Here are some great BMAT resources for section 1 - go to the bottom of the page where it recommends two books, which you can get from amazon.
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
Here are some great BMAT resources for section 1 - go to the bottom of the page where it recommends two books, which you can get from amazon.

Hmm yes I already bought the official guide but I'm debating whether I should get the Thinking Skills one.
Would the online assumed knowledge cgp guide be enough for section 2?

Covers everything on section 1 I think. It isn't in extreme detail though.
Original post by skizzle
Would the online assumed knowledge cgp guide be enough for section 2?

Well I'm using that as my main guide but I'm also YouTubing gcse science videos (they are abundant). I feel it's more important to understand the science though, so I would advise also finding practice questions. Unfortunately I haven't found any yet.
Well I'm using that as my main guide but I'm also YouTubing gcse science videos (they are abundant). I feel it's more important to understand the science though, so I would advise also finding practice questions. Unfortunately I haven't found any yet.

I've only just started revision, do you think I have enough time?
Original post by skizzle
I've only just started revision, do you think I have enough time?

That really depends on the person, but yeah we currently have a little over a month so I feel that's enough. I usually study a month before most of my exams.
Reply 595
anyone going to the BMAT crash course in London on 5th October?
Do we get a periodic table in the exam?
Do we get a periodic table in the exam?

Nope ahaha
anybody going to the acemedicine course in london?
Yo guys can anyone recommend any useful online resources or question banks?
I've booked the BMAT Crash Course for the 18th and I've ordered the 400Q BMAT book, am I missing something else?
Are the Kaplan packages any good?

Latest

Trending

Trending