The Student Room Group

How to revise ocr biology?

I am revising biology and i need to get an A at AS. How do you revise this subject. Need help ASAP i dont want to get a D in biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hey, I got a high A in this last year. My method is based around using the CGP work book that you may have heard about on these forums, combined with using the OCR endorsed text book your teacher probably uses.

There's a lot of content, so the key is to break it up into manageable chunks. Using the CGP book, I put the information into my own words and write it out several times (the number of times you write it depends on how quickly you remember and understand it). I tend to do this the day we do it in class and then the following day I make myself posters (pretty much the same as what I wrote but in felt tips) and stick them on my wall.

I don't consciously look at my posters unless I can't remember a key word or something, but just knowing they're there helps me when answering exam questions as I know roughly what they're expecting. In addition, I think making sure you're 100% with all the bullet points in the specification - the bullet points at the top of each spread in the text book - helps massively. More and more marks are now based on applying your knowledge, but if you can give yourself a foundation with the easy 1 mark questions (e.g "define", "state" questions) then you can afford to slip up on the common sense/application questions.

Good luck! If there's any areas you're unsure about just ask. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending