The Student Room Group

a level devision

I want to do product design at university. I know I want to do dt and maths at a level cause they are the preferred choices and I am quite good at languages so I will do french as well. But I don't know whether to do geography or graphic design as a fourth option :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Dude, if you are doing dt, then don't worry about graphic design. The coursework is intense for both the graphics and resistant materials, and I don't think you'd live a peaceful life if you did both. Geography is a good option in my opinion and it's pretty doss anyway!
Original post by thecheese15
I want to do product design at university. I know I want to do dt and maths at a level cause they are the preferred choices and I am quite good at languages so I will do french as well. But I don't know whether to do geography or graphic design as a fourth option :s-smilie:

If you're doing Product Design A-Level (D&T) you won't really need Graphic Design, but then again Geography isn't exactly the most useful subject either for Product Design.

I think just choose the one you enjoy more - by how it sounds choosing either will have no effect on your chances of getting into a Product Design course at university.
Don't do two tech subjects.

The coursework in one alone will drain you (trust me, I do Double Engineering :colonhash:)

Why not do Physics? That would be useful for PD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by majmuh24
Don't do two tech subjects.

The coursework in one alone will drain you (trust me, I do Double Engineering :colonhash:)

Why not do Physics? That would be useful for PD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of doing it but I am not so strong on it
Original post by thecheese15
I was thinking of doing it but I am not so strong on it

Don't worry, it shouldn't be too difficult if you're willing to work hard.

If your maths is OK and you're interested in the topics, it should be fine for you. Why not look at some A Level Physics topics and see what you think? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by majmuh24
Don't worry, it shouldn't be too difficult if you're willing to work hard.

If your maths is OK and you're interested in the topics, it should be fine for you. Why not look at some A Level Physics topics and see what you think? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers. I'll have a go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest