The Student Room Group

How do I make a timetable?

Hello there!

So i have a mountain of things i need to be doing and creating a timetable was my first thought to keep organised.
I have made timetables in the past but they always ended up being bias ('oh i find this subject east - 30 mins of revision will do').
How do i make an effective timetable - any app/website you recommend ?

Much appreciated .
Original post by Random3
Hello there!

So i have a mountain of things i need to be doing and creating a timetable was my first thought to keep organised.
I have made timetables in the past but they always ended up being bias ('oh i find this subject east - 30 mins of revision will do').

Much appreciated .

I haven't really found anything that can make a good revision timetable for me. I have started making revision timetables in Google Calendar because you add in time blocks, but that would still be prone to bias. I think you need to be aware of where you may be being biased, and then try and adjust it to make it less biased.
Original post by Random3
Hello there!

Much appreciated .

Hi @Random3,

I had the same struggles and biases as you back during GCSE and A-Levels when I tried to devise a revision timetable. But a helpful tip I was taught by my tutor was to schedule the revision timetable according to the subjects you had in school or college that day.

For example, if on Mondays I had Maths, Chemistry, Geography and English Language - I would dedicate my time afterschool at home to revise the content we went through that day in those classes. I would re-read the textbook, refine any notes, and strengthen my understanding. If I felt confident I would do one or two topical questions on the content I covered to test whether I fully understood what I had just revised. I would do this for the repeat this process for the rest of the week.

I noticed that by going over the same content in class that day, and as well as at home engrained the information in my brain much better. I was able to recall the content and key ideas much easier even months further down the line.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending