The Student Room Group

9 month-year-old baby to appear in court for attempted murder

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/pakistan-charges-9-month-old-conspiring-murder-article-1.1746677

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/08/pakistan-baby-charged-attempted-murder-hiding

The family of a Pakistani baby charged with attempted murder say they have been forced into hiding after coming under intense pressure from the police, who are facing national humiliation over the incident.

One police officer has been suspended and an official inquiry has been ordered into how nine-month-old Musa Khan was booked in Lahore for supposedly taking part in a riot in one of the city's slums.

The country's media have highlighted the absurdity of the charge after the boy attended court last week, during which he cried while having his fingerprints recorded and had to be comforted with a milk bottle.

The episode has a shone an embarrassing light on Pakistan's shambolic criminal justice system, where underpaid and ill-trained police can be quick to lay false charges that can ensnare the innocent in years of legal troubles.

I don't know whether to laugh of cry?

Scroll to see replies

Do both. Why on earth should a 9 month baby be going to court. The child doesn't even know the difference between right and wrong. The world is getting corrupt as the days go by.
Reply 2
wtf ?
Reply 3
Disgusting. Although I think this has been posted before...
The image of a 9 month old toddler crawling towards you with a knife in its mouth is amusing to say the least.
Reply 5
"And where were you at 9pm?"

"Ducky?"
Reply 6
In fairness, babies are monsters:
tumblr_lci7yvggzb1qdoghio1_500.jpg
Reply 7
Lol why is this in the religion sub forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by FKLW
Lol why is this in the religion sub forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pakistan is a deeply religious nation and there's an alarming correlation between deeply religious nations and utter retardation.
Original post by Gjaykay
In fairness, babies are monsters:
tumblr_lci7yvggzb1qdoghio1_500.jpg

that baby did shoot mr burns however which may have been a public good.
What?! I don't even know what to say...
Reply 11
Third world troubles.
Reply 12
Cross examination is going to be hilarious haha!
Reply 13
Original post by Genocidal
Pakistan is a deeply religious nation and there's an alarming correlation between deeply religious nations and utter retardation.

[video]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWQ3YOMtJaM/UEsnJKgjdkI/AAAAAAAACo0/miO-N7XEaFA/s320/black-kid-oh-snap.gif[/video]
Reply 14
No he's not. As soon as someone in authority found out they sacked the person who brought the charges.
How bloody ridiculous, at 9 months you're not even self-aware. I hardly think you're going to take part in a riot and then attempt to murder a person.
I know we were all born sinners but this is just taking it too far.
I've read that the police came to arrest another son of theirs, who did throw the stones at the policeman, and the parents produced this one instead. That explains it at least a little bit.
I still think it's utterly ridiculous. It's obvious that the little one could barely lift a stone, much less throw it at somebody with the intent to kill them. The police is clearly ineffective and bureaucratic. I can't even imagine how they came to the conclusion that the 9-months-old baby is the person they were supposed to arrest. :confused::confused::confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Nothing to do with religion India does pretty much similar things eg torturing a toddler to obtain info apparently http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/toddler-caught-in-crossfire/article164813.ece
These countries are insanely backward
My worry is, if they are stupid to take this baby to court then they'll probably be stupid enough to find the baby guilty. What on earth will the sentence/punishment be? Oh God forbid. What has this world come to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending