The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

university accommodation!

just wondering can i still apply for accommodation with a conditional offer?(would be helpful if people that know about University of West London accommodation stuff) :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by kellxnne
just wondering can i still apply for accommodation with a conditional offer?(would be helpful if people that know about University of West London accommodation stuff) :smile:

Yes as long as you've accepted it as your firm/no 1 choice, I've recently applied for accomodation with my conditional offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Hey! I'm going uwl too. I need to sort out accom too but wanted to use the student room to get to know people that were going before hand lol the whole accom thing is stresssssful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by beckyskelton
Hey! I'm going uwl too. I need to sort out accom too but wanted to use the student room to get to know people that were going before hand lol the whole accom thing is stresssssful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hii! What will you be studying? Tell me about it, I just want to get it over and done with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Accounting , you? Have you applied for accommodation yet ? I want to be put with people like myself. I'm stressed because of the 500 deposit and the first instalment (how much is that?) being needed before our student loan even comes through!
I'm studying hospitality at uwl and the £500 deposit I almost have but the first instalment thing is scaring me, although the student loan people sent me my letter which says I'm going to be paid on the 1st of September before the instalment is due in but i dunno...
I thought you had to enrol before you get your loan tho? They're usuLly late lol when's the first instalment due? And when's latest we can put deposit down on accom? Is the accom even nice I don't feel like the pics look great :frown: anyone got fb or twitter? @beckyskelton becky skelton (FB) lol
They said when the university registers you in I don't know whether that's when you move in or when you get your exam results but the latest you can put down your first instalment is the 9th September or around that date and the latest you can put down your deposit is 31st May although by may most of the rooms are gone that was the problem for students last year. The accommodation itself its ok my family described it as a prison because when you get inside the grounds its really closed off like you're trapped inside 4 huge building. The rooms are quite small as well its no all that
That makes me sad I don't want a tiny room !:frown: haha
Reply 9
I'll be doing Photography, I still haven't got the deposit together (a recent New York trip can be blamed there) but I'll most likely be in the halls at paragon, although I'm not liking how small the rooms look, thinking it's an easier way to meet new people

Posted from TSR Mobile
@beckyskelton: I know the room size is very disappointing but there are a lot of space for shelving
@JJ_TW: Thats the reason I'm staying there as well they said that its the easiest way to make friends so paragon is my first option
Reply 11
Original post by HideYourToys
@beckyskelton: I know the room size is very disappointing but there are a lot of space for shelving
@JJ_TW: Thats the reason I'm staying there as well they said that its the easiest way to make friends so paragon is my first option

How much is the first instalment exactly? I certainly won't have the money and full intend on paying it with my student loan when I get that

Posted from TSR Mobile
The first instalment is exactly £2000
They go by a no pay no key so I don't think your room will be given away
Reply 14
Oh okay! So will the student loan be payed in before the first instalment is due in, cause I won't be able to pay it until then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student loan drops on the 1st of september for uwl students although it takes 4-5 days for it to be processed into your account
Reply 16
I think you usually don't get the loan until you are enrolled. This means you will already have to be at university so theres the issue. Last year I think everyone complained and managed to pay the first instalment when they get the loan. If everyone complains and can't afford it uwl won't have any students haha Trust me all those people in the halls won't be able to afford the 2000 straight up so you won't be alone! Most of them will be relying on the loan. I wouldn't let that put you off applying for halls too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending