The Student Room Group

Have I left student accommodation too late?

I've chosen to go to university of Salford for my first choice and University of Central Lancashire as my insurance choice but because of financial problems I can't book any accommodation. Have I left it too late or should I just not bother going? I'm quite worried about.
Reply 1
Generally speaking most universities applications for accommodation is open up until the deadline to make your decisions on UCAS (so june-ish?), so I think you still have some time to apply for the accommodation though I think the student loan deadline has passed. I had the same issue last year so I took a gap year to work and I'd say it is worth it because uni is expensive lol but a fair warning is that you will have FOMO when you see your friends heading off for uni. But at the end of the day just make sure you're doing what suits you!
Original post by toppby55
I've chosen to go to university of Salford for my first choice and University of Central Lancashire as my insurance choice but because of financial problems I can't book any accommodation. Have I left it too late or should I just not bother going? I'm quite worried about.

Hi there toppby55, :smile:

You don't need to apply for accommodation at UCLan until your place is confirmed, if you have any problems at that stage please get in touch with the accommodation team for support by emailing [email protected].

If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

All the best, :smile:
Sarah

Hi there,
Although it's never too early to start looking for accommodation, it also isn't too late. As the other posters have said, at some universities, you don't need to apply until your place is confirmed. If you'd like to stay in university owned accommodation, then I'd recommend getting in touch with the accommodation teams at both universities and see what their policies are. I remember when I was at uni, my uni guaranteed accommodation for all first years - so you would end up with something, it just may not be your first choice.

Alternatively, you could look at private student accommodation or a house share. Sadly, we don't have accommodation in either cities but there's certainly plenty of options, if you have a quick google.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

You might have left it little late but don’t panic. first of all call up the accommodation office and see if there are any spaces in halls or a university owned house if not see about getting put on a waiting list for accommodation people miss their offers and stuff. You could also look at private halls like these. or your old look at student lets looking for replacement tenants or someone to make up the numbers in a house share also contact the SU they might be able to help too. Some unis (not all)host and a flatmate parties everyone gets drunk and leaves with a palace to live. on the website it says there are still rooms avaible at John Lester and Eddie Colman Court (link) good luck.

Hey @toppby55,

Amazing news that we're your top choice - very excited to have you join us! What course have you applied for?

As other posters have mentioned, its definitely not too late to sort accommodation. We still have rooms available in our John Lester/Eddie Colman accommodation, with rooms in our Peel Park Quarter being added onto the site if they become available again. I would definitely recommend getting in touch with our accommodation company CLV to chat through your options regarding finance though, as they'd be more than happy to have a chat with you.

I hope that helps - drop us a DM if you have any specific questions!
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Reply 6
Original post by University of Salford
Hey @toppby55,

Amazing news that we're your top choice - very excited to have you join us! What course have you applied for?

As other posters have mentioned, its definitely not too late to sort accommodation. We still have rooms available in our John Lester/Eddie Colman accommodation, with rooms in our Peel Park Quarter being added onto the site if they become available again. I would definitely recommend getting in touch with our accommodation company CLV to chat through your options regarding finance though, as they'd be more than happy to have a chat with you.

I hope that helps - drop us a DM if you have any specific questions!
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Does Uni of Salford gurantee accommodation place for international student in the first year ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending