The Student Room Group

Clearing

Can I apply for a Business Management Course at Clearing if my first options were all Economics? And how likely are you to get accommodation if you apply through clearing?
Original post by adrianatorresss
Can I apply for a Business Management Course at Clearing if my first options were all Economics? And how likely are you to get accommodation if you apply through clearing?

Yes you can apply for different courses. You may want to think about creating a fresh PS just in case a university would like to see it for a course substantially different to your original choice.

Accommodation guarantees vary depending on the university

Hi there,

Yes, a common reason people apply through clearing is to change their course. As mentioned above, it could be clever to re-word you personal statement for the new course, just incase they ask for one.

With regards to accommodation, each university will have its own guarantees. But generally, most work on a first come, first serve basis. So I would always advise applying sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps
Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

The answer to the first part is yes. Although the advice given regarding your PS is correct very few universities ask for one. The object of clearing is to place students into courses with vacancies. It tends to be rushed and mainly grade driven rather than PS. As far as accommodation is concerned it varies massively. Some wont have any available especially in bigger cities whilst others offer a guarantee of accommodation. If you are looking through clearing it would be very wise to check this out.

In the past Bristol have offered clearing students places in Newport 31 miles away and last year there were problems in Manchester. Aberystwyth on the other hand offered guaranteed accommodation.
I have done a quick check Swansea are offering guaranteed accommodation

Guaranteed Accommodation Offer

At Swansea University, we try and make things as easy as possible for you. For Clearing students, we offer Guaranteed Accommodation as long as you apply for accommodation before the 24th of August.
Aberystwyth are also offering guaranteed accommodation this year

We guarantee accommodation to all Clearing applicants that apply by our deadline of 1st September 2023. We offer a variety of options and locations to find the space that works for you, with most of our residences being only a short walk from campus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending