The Student Room Group

When do I apply for student accommodation? Sept 2024 start

I'm planning on staying at accommodation for the first year of uni and have started my application for a next September start (2024). The UCAS deadline for applications is around late January usually. When do I apply for accommodation? I've already received my A Level results.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Original post by oliveduck
I'm planning on staying at accommodation for the first year of uni and have started my application for a next September start (2024). The UCAS deadline for applications is around late January usually. When do I apply for accommodation? I've already received my A Level results.

Hi @oliveduck

Applications for accommodation at most universities usually start after you've submitted your firm and insurance choice. This may differ between universities but generally this will be the same. But, while you're doing your application you could take a look at the accommodation universities offer as it may help you decide which unis to apply for. Or once you have a good idea about where you'd like to study after applying, you could look at the accommodation on offer, so that when the accommodation applications open you already know what you would like to apply for.

Hope this helps and good luck with your application!

Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Hi, I am also interested in this and already have my A-Levels too so i'm trying to be prepared and organise everything now. I've done a bit of research and for exeter uni the accommodation applications open in april 2024, but idk for other unis. Have you found any other info on this, i think it may differ from each uni.

Hi there,
As another poster has mentioned, applications for accommodation at most universities usually start after you've submitted your firm and insurance choice but this can vary. It's never too early to start thinking about your options for accommodation however. Consider what your priorities are and get searching. Whether you'd prefer to live in university owned accommodation, a student house or private student accommodation (like us!), there are plenty of options. If you're concerned about booking early and having a change of plans, check out the cancellation policy for the student accommodation you're booking - that might help!

-Sophie

Hi,

Accommodation applications open at different times depending on the university. Our university usually opens offers in March/April time so I would keep an eye out on each university's social media or email their accommodation offices to ask for a rough timeline for when applications will open so that you'll be ready to apply as soon as applications open.

You will usually receive your accommodation offer after your UCAS offer is made unconditional so don't panic if you don't receive an accommodation offer straight away.

Best of luck with your application!

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending