The Student Room Group
Reply 1
do you have either?
Reply 2
in what way are the two similar? i dont know much about adhd but i dont think it effects your spelling and reading etc...
EffingKrazy
discuss ADHD!! do u think dyslexics are simular to those of adhd? and do u think its over diagnosed?? dicuss adhd!!

Wouldn't this be better suited to D&D? Also, an initial postulation for people to argue/reason against may be a better way to provoke discussion.

Anyhows, if you want this moved to D&D, then start a thread in AAM and a Mod will do it for you.
Someone with ADHD wouldn't be recognised as someone with a disability. It's all to do with discipline and upbringing. I'm too lazy to go into a full on discussion at the moment though. I've known people who let their children run around screaming and give them things to make a mess with but then claim the kid can't help it because they have ADHD. Kids can be hyper but there are ways of dealing with it and trying to reduce it. Also a child is more likely to show signs like that of ADHD if they need to get attention from their parents.

I guess it's a bit like with Dyslexia. While it does exist and some people suffer from it and have problems there are also people who claim to be dyslexic simply because they are bad at spelling.
I oppose it.
Reply 6
Not Dead Yet
I oppose it.

why exactly?
Reply 7
EffingKrazy
discuss ADHD!! do u think dyslexics are simular to those of adhd? and do u think its over diagnosed?? dicuss adhd!!

My view is that its a creation of the drug companies to make money from parents who want excuses for not being able to control their children.
i was diagnosed with adhd when i was younger and i believe it to be a load of cr*p, as el scotto said it appears to be something which is basically behavoural problems (in my case extremely mild- and really just a lack of concentration when i was young) which could easily be controlled with the right input from parents who could implement simple steps to teach children to behave in certain ways often just how to concentrate better. but instead the 'easy' way out seems to be to pump a child full of drugs. in my case i was put on ritalin because my teachers complained when i was younger that i was messing about and talking too much when i was supposed to be working. which in retrospect was a stupid reson to have put me on such 'mind altering' drugs. maybe if teachers and parents learned how to do their jobs then the condition would not exist, as i believe it does- just as an excuse to sell drugs.
Reply 9
I've looked after kids with ADHD and they have never had really good parents who know how to look after their kids. They let them get away with everything. I don't think it is a condition. It's just a hyper kid being allowed to get away with stuff and knowing they can because they can blame it on ADHD. When I looked after ADHD labelled kids they acted fine because I made sure I rewarded them when they were good as well as telling them off it's about balence.

Latest

Trending

Trending