The Student Room Group

Ask a Social Worker! (Also PE trained!)

Hi all,

It has been a while since I posted on this forum - time has flown! I joined TSR when I was applying for my SW degree, fast forward 8 years later and I have been qualified for several years now. What a journey!

I thought since it's that time of year for applications for courses or whether you are attending open days, or maybe already on the SW degree/step up programme, it would be a good opportunity to open up the chance for any questions, queries or support! I am also a Practice Educator now.

No personal information/identifiable information will be shared during this post!

Look forward to hearing your comments, views, questions or even just "hellos!" :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, does anyone know of any good tutors or resources for people studying a BA Social Work through the Open University?
Reply 2
Original post by EmEmTheFairy
Hi all,

It has been a while since I posted on this forum - time has flown! I joined TSR when I was applying for my SW degree, fast forward 8 years later and I have been qualified for several years now. What a journey!

I thought since it's that time of year for applications for courses or whether you are attending open days, or maybe already on the SW degree/step up programme, it would be a good opportunity to open up the chance for any questions, queries or support! I am also a Practice Educator now.

No personal information/identifiable information will be shared during this post!

Look forward to hearing your comments, views, questions or even just "hellos!" :smile:

hi i was wondering if you have any help with the interview process?
Reply 3
Original post by EmEmTheFairy
Hi all,

Hi EmEm, well done for all your achievements and accomplishments, I have applied for the learning disability nursing and social work (integrated practice) at Salford University and waiting to hear back, I’m excited to be going back to university, I’m 47 years old you see and didn’t first go university until 2019 because I was mum to 4 children and 2 have ADHD and on the spectrum, all are in their 20s now so my life is my own, I firstly did a foundation degree in criminology and criminal justice and was going to top up until I saw this course and enquired over it and if it was an exception course so I’d get funding.

Quick Reply

Latest