The Student Room Group

What Uni Courses could I do with these grades?

I got a C in my Core science and I am planning to get an A in Additional. Everything else is predicted to be a B including Maths and English. I want to go into the medical field but I don't know what I can do? I am hopefully going to do Biology Chemistry and Maths/Psychology at a level. So what doors does this open for me (if it does at all).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by OhMyGoat
I got a C in my Core science and I am planning to get an A in Additional. Everything else is predicted to be a B including Maths and English. I want to go into the medical field but I don't know what I can do? I am hopefully going to do Biology Chemistry and Maths/Psychology at a level. So what doors does this open for me (if it does at all).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be blunt most medical related course are very competitive, so you'll need to boost your core science if you can and try and achieve higher in your maths.

Maths will definitely be a more valuable A-level then psychology. A good grade in maths will certainly open more doors then the equivalent in psychology.

From there you'd need at least AAA and possibly some decent work exp to try and apply for Medicine, or with lower grades like ABB you could do something like Medical Sciences or a biology/chemistry degree which can lead in to the medical field. Also with a degree like medical sciences some universities offer an accelerated medicine degree, so you can become a doctor in 4 years rather then 5 after completing the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Interested in Engineering?if yes, then I may be of some help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by numanali
Interested in Engineering?if yes, then I may be of some help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meeee xD applied for Chem Eng, are you already a student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yes, have completed first year chemical engineering and transferred to Petroleum Engineering for year 2 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Where did you apply for Chem Eng?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some medical courses will be more lenient with GCSE grades if you smash your A levels. I'd also look into medical degrees with a foundation year or access to medicine courses. Manchester did a medical degree with a foundation year, I think it's still going, and a few others do similar courses. It means you don't need to have achieved the traditional grades that are usually required, and they fill in the gaps during your foundation year.

Failing that, if you get good A levels you shouldn't have a problem getting onto a medical sciences degree, and you can do great things from there.
Oh, and don't forget about postgraduate medical courses! I know a lot of people who went down that route after completing a bachelor's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending