What course have you applied for?
Is city your firm/insurance choice?
Have you received an offer?
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by _yes_
Original post by M8-Idek
Who has applied/is applying for optometry this year and plan to put city as their main choice?
What course (intro/masters) are you applying for and how do you feel?

initially my application was supposed to be sent off just before the december hols but my ucas coordinator delayed it and forgot to send it off 🙂 I went to ask her about it today bcs its the first day back but she said she sent it off on Jan 1st but I didn't get any email... when i got home i recieved a welcome email from UCAS so turns out she actually forgot and sent it after I reminded her. ANYWAYS that lil experience has just made me more nervous T-T
How long did it take you to recieve your offer from city?

I remember I sent my application on a Thursday but it wasn’t sent to ucas and I had to wait until Monday to sort it out. Then I sent it 2 days later on Wednesday. It took a while to get a response somewhere around 4 weeks. I got 2 emails from city saying they couldn’t fully assess my application 😭. It wasn’t that bad all they asked me to do was send identification and my certificates. It didn’t take long to sort that out and my friends got responses 2 days later without having to send anything. It was nerve wracking swbxkdnek
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by _yes_
Original post by M8-Idek
Who has applied/is applying for optometry this year and plan to put city as their main choice?

MEE >-<

I genuinely don’t want to go outside of London, rather stay close to home
Reply 3
Original post by _yes_
omds thats way worse. can't access application 💀 I'd have a heartattack but it all worked out in the end. congratulations!!

Ikr I panicked so much cause I had to send my identification twice like why was I the only one asked to do this 😭😭😭
Reply 4
Original post by _yes_

I genuinely don’t want to go outside of London, rather stay close to home

YESS same but theres only two unis here T-T I just applied to foundation and normal bcs I'm not taking any chances. I JUST RLLY WANNA DO OPTOMETRY
also living away from home is expensive and I can't cook 🙂 and food is a non negotiable sorrta thing ya know but mainly life will just be much easier commuting from home. Citys only a 20 minute bus ride away for me !!

Sammeee omg 😭😭I could never survive outside of London. But for me City is the closest one which is like a 40 min journey which isn’t bad.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by _yes_
Original post by M8-Idek

MEE >-<

What predicted grades did you apply with?
Reply 6
Original post by M8-Idek
YESS same but theres only two unis here T-T I just applied to foundation and normal bcs I'm not taking any chances. I JUST RLLY WANNA DO OPTOMETRY
also living away from home is expensive and I can't cook 🙂 and food is a non negotiable sorrta thing ya know but mainly life will just be much easier commuting from home. Citys only a 20 minute bus ride away for me !!

Sammeee omg 😭😭I could never survive outside of London. But for me City is the closest one which is like a 40 min journey which isn’t bad.
oh damn thats pretty good yh so is hertfordshire also ur insurance choice?
Reply 7
Original post by _yes_

What predicted grades did you apply with?

I applied with ABB. Hopefully I can make it into the main course but if not i'm okay with the foundation course aswell, it's just not my ideal. wbu?

I applied with AAB got a contextual offer of ABB, don’t worry too much about it tho. There are people getting offers with ABB. It shouldn’t make a big difference if you apply with those grades. Unis probably take into consideration the fact that the grades can change. You never know you may get higher than those grades.
Reply 8
Original post by _yes_

I applied with AAB got a contextual offer of ABB, don’t worry too much about it tho. There are people getting offers with ABB. It shouldn’t make a big difference if you apply with those grades. Unis probably take into consideration the fact that the grades can change. You never know you may get higher than those grades.

tyyy for the reassurance T-T I have mocks this week and next week so imma forget about all this UCAS stuff for now but if I get an offer from City that will DEFO be my first choice and ILL SEE U THERE IN SEPTEMBER HOPEFULLY >-<👋🏼

You can do it!! 👍
Hope to see you in September too! Let’s make sure we get the grades
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by _yes_
Original post by m8-idek
hi guys,
i’ve applied for optometry!
Who else has applied/is applying for optometry this year and plan to put city as their main choice?
Have any of you got offers and how do you feel?

AHHHHH i got an offer!!! They were actually rlly quick watt

Omg well done which uni did you get an offer from?
Reply 10
Original post by _yes_

Omg well done which uni did you get an offer from?

CITY >-< I got an offer for AAB
im so happyyy my first offer is city which is the one that i wanted the mosttt >-<

That’s fantasticcc!!! 😁🎉
Reply 11
Original post by M8-Idek
I applied with ABB. Hopefully I can make it into the main course but if not i'm okay with the foundation course aswell, it's just not my ideal. wbu?

How do they know that your contextual. Is it just from ur ucas? Or is there something extra?
Reply 12
It’s from ucas, the details put on ucas will confirm whether your eligible for contextual. UCAS would usually send the information to your unis. Then unis would ask for details, certificates, etc… which prove what you’ve put on ucas is true.

Hope this helps!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 13
Just confirmed on UCAS my firm and insurance choices!!!
Reply 14
Original post by M8-Idek
Just confirmed on UCAS my firm and insurance choices!!!
sameee what did you put ?
Reply 15
Original post by _yes_
sameee what did you put ?

I put city as my firm, herts as my insurance Wbu?
Reply 16
Original post by M8-Idek
I put city as my firm, herts as my insurance Wbu?
i put city as my firm and insurance lol
the normal optom course as firm and the intro to optom as my firm 😀
Original post by M8-Idek

Sammeee omg 😭😭I could never survive outside of London. But for me City is the closest one which is like a 40 min journey which isn’t bad.Hey, I also applied for optom and live in London. What other courses/unis did you apply to as city is the only university in London that does optometry
Reply 18
Original post by grtysdf5
Original post by M8-Idek

Hey, I also applied for optom and live in London. What other courses/unis did you apply to as city is the only university in London that does optometry

I applied for the second closest which was Hertfordshire. I’ve already put city as my firm choice and herts as my insurance choice.

The other unis I applied to but did choose were UWE, Aston and a.r.u
Reply 19
Original post by grtysdf5
Hey, I also applied for optom and live in London. What other courses/unis did you apply to as city is the only university in London that does optometry
i applied to hertfordshire for optom , QMUL for biology and St georges uni for biomedical scienceee. Did u get ur offers for city btw :>>

Quick Reply

Latest