The Student Room Group

Hello. What uni could i get into?

Hello. I got eight grade 9s. Three grade 8s and one 6. Predicted at least 3As at alevel (highest grade as as) could i get into any university? And what type. Thanks
first of all massive congrats on those grades they r really good ! and ur predicted too!
TBF its up to u, u could get into a Russell Group for sure, even try for oxbridge if u really wanted to. but its up to u really, any uni will take u with those kinda grades
good luck for ur a levels :smile:
Original post by MarbleStatue4825
Hello. I got eight grade 9s. Three grade 8s and one 6. Predicted at least 3As at alevel (highest grade as as) could i get into any university? And what type. Thanks

What are your A level subjects? What degree course / subject are you interested in?

Hiya 👋

Those are some great grades, what are you studying at A Level?

Do you have a particular area in mind that you would like to live or are you open to travelling to a uni far away from your home?

What do you think you might like to do after uni and have you thought about some different undergrad courses that you're interested in?

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by DataVenia
What are your A level subjects? What degree course / subject are you interested in?

I'm studying maths, futhur maths, chemistry, geography and welsh bac(dud subject). I am aiming high as i was disappointed at gcses but this will fuel me to do better. I am thinking going into chemistry at university?
Original post by Marysia W-Smith
first of all massive congrats on those grades they r really good ! and ur predicted too!
TBF its up to u, u could get into a Russell Group for sure, even try for oxbridge if u really wanted to. but its up to u really, any uni will take u with those kinda grades
good luck for ur a levels :smile:

Thank you for your kind words. I haven't really believed in myself for a long time and have anxiety.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hiya 👋

Those are some great grades, what are you studying at A Level?

Do you have a particular area in mind that you would like to live or are you open to travelling to a uni far away from your home?

What do you think you might like to do after uni and have you thought about some different undergrad courses that you're interested in?

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

I'm studying chemistry, maths, futhur maths, geography and welsh bac. I want to go into chemistry maybe for undergraduate
Reply 7
I'm studying maths, futhur maths, chemistry, geography and welsh bac(dud subject). I am aiming high as i was disappointed at gcses but this will fuel me to do better. I am thinking going into chemistry at university?

Look at Chemistry degrees at a range of different Unis - and see what A LEVEL subjects/grades they want.
Yes, your GCSE 'profile' is important - but its usually only Maths/English that will have specified grades for most Chem degrees and your A level grades are FAR more important.

Examples :
Bath - Chemistry courses (bath.ac.uk)
Strathclyde - Undergraduate Courses | University of Strathclyde
Liverpool - Our degree programmes - Department of Chemistry - University of Liverpool
Sussex - Chemistry, undergraduate courses : University of Sussex
etc

Quick Reply

Latest