The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by FunnyLittleMe
Oh, that's odd. Did they say why? Was it a financial thing?

Oh goodness now I'm super worried my college is gonna do that too. Shoot. Don't worry friend I'm sure things will sort themselves out. I'm telling myself that so I don't have like a permanent anxiety attack for the whole summer, lol.

They said I was too ghetto for them apparently. I do know its a policy that they don't allow students to repeat apparently
college have different policies. yours may let you (good chance if they see you're a determined student) ..good luck. best of wishes to you. (don't worry, a lot of people are on the same boats as us :smile: )
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme/access to the paper for this?
Thanks!
Didn't get to look at this thread because my Internet was down - what's the general consensus on the difficulty of the paper and the grade boundaries?
Original post by haleeema
Althought f334 was harder feel like I've done rubbish on this exam :/

exactly :frown: at least i could answer the questions on f334!!!
DID ANYONE GET 66.6g? (using the reactant on the right) and put 'combustion of fossil fuels'? and can you put 'the acid dissociates to give H+, which act s as a nucleophile' for the esterification one? ugh
and if you put 'sum enthalpy change of hydration' instead of 'solvation'?
oh and do you get ecf for bond angles if you drew the sulphur diagram wrong? and if you got the Ka wrong (I copied out the pH wrong oh dear) but got the method right on the following question do you get the mark?
how many marks was the SO32- question?
ffs if it's higher than 85 for an A I'm going to weep because I screwed up so badly
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MadMO
like 91 for an A?

...what.
Original post by exams567
exactly :frown: at least i could answer the questions on f334!!!

Yupp f334 was hard but I knew how to do it...this was worse for me anyway, dropped loads of stupid marks.

Everyone else found it alright...grade boundaries won't even be low :/
Original post by parisandrome
ahh do you remember the wording?

It was something about the source of fuel or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
DID ANYONE GET 66.6g? (using the reactant on the right) and put 'combustion of fossil fuels'? and can you put 'the acid dissociates to give H+, which act s as a nucleophile' for the esterification one? ugh
and if you put 'sum enthalpy change of hydration' instead of 'solvation'?
oh and do you get ecf for bond angles if you drew the sulphur diagram wrong? and if you got the Ka wrong (I copied out the pH wrong oh dear) but got the method right on the following question do you get the mark?
how many marks was the SO32- question?
ffs if it's higher than 85 for an A I'm going to weep because I screwed up so badly

A significant number of people got 66.6g, dunno what I got but it was in the 60s, I used the reactant on the right too :smile:
I put combustion of fossil fuels, but I think that's wrong.
I don't see what's wrong with your nucleophile answer.
Sum enthalpy change of hydration is fine.
Nope, you don't get ecf for bond angles.
If the question about Ka was two marks, you'll get one mark. if it was one mark, you won't get any.
The SO32- question was worth two marks, assume one for state symbols and one for balanced equation?
:smile:
Original post by Whangdoodle
A significant number of people got 66.6g, dunno what I got but it was in the 60s, I used the reactant on the right too :smile:
I put combustion of fossil fuels, but I think that's wrong.
I don't see what's wrong with your nucleophile answer.
Sum enthalpy change of hydration is fine.
Nope, you don't get ecf for bond angles.
If the question about Ka was two marks, you'll get one mark. if it was one mark, you won't get any.
The SO32- question was worth two marks, assume one for state symbols and one for balanced equation?
:smile:

Why would fossil fuels be wrong? Admittedly, it was a wild guess from me, too.
Why would nucleophile be right?...That's not what everyone else put. ;(
Ah annoying, I saw a past paper when it allowed alternative bond angles if you got the dot and cross diagram wrong but I did something really odd with my sulfur dioxide (made it so that sulfur had more outer electrons than it should....woops)...
Hm, the question about Ka was two marks but the bit after was 3 marks and required rearranging and stuff. Also, was the pH for the Ka question 5.3 or 5.31?
Original post by yl95
Why would fossil fuels be wrong? Admittedly, it was a wild guess from me, too.
Why would nucleophile be right?...That's not what everyone else put. ;(
Ah annoying, I saw a past paper when it allowed alternative bond angles if you got the dot and cross diagram wrong but I did something really odd with my sulfur dioxide (made it so that sulfur had more outer electrons than it should....woops)...
Hm, the question about Ka was two marks but the bit after was 3 marks and required rearranging and stuff. Also, was the pH for the Ka question 5.3 or 5.31?

Fossil fuels is wrong because we were meant to write about energy in the context of Mars and we wouldn't take fossil fuels up to Mars :frown: So I think solar energy was what they were looking for. I just went into autopilot when I saw the word energy and instantly wrote fossil fuels without thinking

Oh I might have got your nucleophile answer confused with another answer about nucleophiles. I know I used the word nucleophile at some point in the paper if that counts :P

I think you can have either 5.3 or 5.31, don't think accuracy matters in pH answers :smile:

Yeah you'll get all the follow through marks on the next part if it was all done right
Original post by Whangdoodle
Fossil fuels is wrong because we were meant to write about energy in the context of Mars and we wouldn't take fossil fuels up to Mars :frown: So I think solar energy was what they were looking for. I just went into autopilot when I saw the word energy and instantly wrote fossil fuels without thinking

Oh I might have got your nucleophile answer confused with another answer about nucleophiles. I know I used the word nucleophile at some point in the paper if that counts :P

I think you can have either 5.3 or 5.31, don't think accuracy matters in pH answers :smile:

Yeah you'll get all the follow through marks on the next part if it was all done right

Ah, thanks.
Oh no, I mean that they gave you the pH of a solution or something but I can't remember if it was 5.3 or 5.31. ;l The question was finding Ka, I think.
also baes what was on the back page of the f335 paper im just worried i didnt see a question for some reason ;/
:frown:

This and f334 is holding me back from uni.......

Im a lion that's broken out of its cage but I feel bad that I didn't do so well
Original post by juniorx
It was something about the source of fuel or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I remember correctly it was "a source of energy to fuel the reaction". I think.
Anyone seen the grade boundaries for F335 yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arcane Fire
Anyone seen the grade boundaries for F335 yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, if you go to grade boundaries thread they are in there for you to download on the first post!
Original post by meowool
Yes, if you go to grade boundaries thread they are in there for you to download on the first post!

Found them, thanks. 82 for an A? What do you guys think about that? Can't get any worse than the ridiculously high F334 grade boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think out of 120, it's reasonable, I'm aiming for a C anyway! My prediction for F332 was right though. That's around 70 for an A this year, hopefully I've got a better grade!!
Original post by meowool
I think out of 120, it's reasonable, I'm aiming for a C anyway! My prediction for F332 was right though. That's around 70 for an A this year, hopefully I've got a better grade!!

Yeh I guess. Still a little bit too high I think. Grade inflation or not, I wholeheartedly disagree with the F334 boundaries this year; for what was such an ambiguous exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending