The Student Room Group

Living with a sex addict?

I live in a student house with 5 other people, we get along fine but this guy is constantly having sex all the ******* time and it comes to the point where it's not funny anymore.

At least 7 times a day of very loud sex every single day. It could be 4am 7am 1am and at times when most of us are asleep. I have seen at least 30 different girls, but i know its much more that he has had. He is good looking, no homo a bit like Ashton Kutcher.

I know its his life and he can do what he wants but he has missed a lot of classes and lectures (on the same course). He pays his bills and helps out with house stuff and he says he doesn't have a problem, but it is quite clear that he does.

Whats the best way to approach him with this because we are all fed up with him! This is not a troll!
Reply 2
Original post by sufferin succotash

I am in a relationship as is 1 other housemate, so it's not jealousy.
At first we were all amazed, he earned some serious ratings. Now it's just really becoming a problem
Original post by Anonymous

He is good looking, no homo a bit like Ashton Kutcher.

Hahahaha

But seriously did he give you any tips?
Reply 4
Focus on the noise being an issue. Treat it just like you would if he were playing drums or loud music. Housemate do have to abide by 'household etiquette' even when friends, and too much noise breaks a few rules.
I would also say something about having so many different people in your house all the time, that could create security/privacy issues with all of these strangers coming and going. You could even be underhand and hint to the landlord/lady that there are so many non-residents in the house so often, and they could issue a warning to your friend about that.
Finally, tell him to get himself checked for STDs, maybe you'll find him stopping this for a while.
I live in a student house with 5 other people, we get along fine but this guy is constantly having sex all the ******* time and it comes to the point where it's not funny anymore.

At least 7 times a day of very loud sex every single day. It could be 4am 7am 1am and at times when most of us are asleep. I have seen at least 30 different girls, but i know its much more that he has had. He is good looking, no homo a bit like Ashton Kutcher.

I know its his life and he can do what he wants but he has missed a lot of classes and lectures (on the same course). He pays his bills and helps out with house stuff and he says he doesn't have a problem, but it is quite clear that he does.

Whats the best way to approach him with this because we are all fed up with him! This is not a troll!

Point him towards information such as symptoms regarding sex addiction, and ask him if that's how he feels.
i.e. compulsiveness towards sex, and the inability to refrain.
Probably pick when he's in a good mood and when no one else is around.
Dat_Alpha anyway OP he is only ******* himself since he is wasting 9K by not going to lectures etc.

Tbh

Spoiler

Honestly, I'd buy him a few beers and get him to share with me his insight. He's doing something right!
I'm sorry about that OP. Guess the bitches love me. Not my fault they keep moaning.
Reply 9
I am in a relationship as is 1 other housemate, so it's not jealousy.

It could still be jealous.
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Dat_Alpha anyway OP he is only ******* himself since he is wasting 9K by not going to lectures etc.

Tbh

Spoiler

Not like he's got to pay that back at any quick rate.
Reply 11
Original post by hellodave5

Probably pick when he's in a good mood and when no one else is around.

By the sound of it he's very rarely alone, or that unhappy!
Original post by Blind Ferret
Not like he's got to pay that back at any quick rate.

Very true, but it could affect his studies.. :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by Blind Ferret
Honestly, I'd buy him a few beers and get him to share with me his insight. He's doing something right!

Some App on his phone, then he contacts them on FB to see if they are genuine.

When we go to clubs, he just shows off his body.

At bars he makes stuff up like break up with ex. It's hilarious when it works.

And girls he knows back home, some stay the weekend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending