The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

2 weeks left ......
:mad:
Reply 181
i'm doing the UKCAT 600 book and consistently scoring 5-6/8 on the VR section. How can i improve?
Hi guys:smile: what is the recommended amount of time you should spend preparing for ukcat? Wondering wen to book the test for and I only just started preparing today lol
Original post by tewas
i'm doing the UKCAT 600 book and consistently scoring 5-6/8 on the VR section. How can i improve?

Keep practicing

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you improve on the new type of VR questions, I done them last year not good score...

there arent many sources out there with new type of questions..

This sections has been bringing my score right down, and i really want to improve on it.

Any advice?

I am going to start VR today with medify and getintomedicine questions, then 600qbook then ukcathelp.org.
'Newer' VR questions: focus on speed reading and comprehension. Read articles as fast as you can and try and write down what you took from it. Then compare to the actual article. Rinse and repeat as many times as you can on different articles; maybe several BBC articles per day. Or The Guardian.

Whilst skim-reading suffices for older VR questions, the new versions require you to read the whole passage and then answer. There is no way around it; you need to learn to read and understand text quickly.
I'm really scared of this , gonna do UKCAT in 2015 for 2016 entry :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by Dandoona1998
I'm really scared of this , gonna do UKCAT in 2015 for 2016 entry :smile:

If the money isn't much of an issue, I'd recommend giving it a serious attempt this year. Give you a good idea for what you're facing.
Original post by Zorg
If the money isn't much of an issue, I'd recommend giving it a serious attempt this year. Give you a good idea for what you're facing.

I'm not sure if I am able to take the UKCAT twice due to money and location of testing centre . Though I will certainly try :smile:
Original post by Dandoona1998
I'm not sure if I am able to take the UKCAT twice due to money and location of testing centre . Though I will certainly try :smile:

People invariably do better second time around. Find the money!
Original post by MJK91
People invariably do better second time around. Find the money!

Thanks for the advice,

are you applying this year?
Original post by Ama2007
Thanks for the advice,

are you applying this year?

Yep, third time lucky?
Original post by MJK91
Yep, third time lucky?

Hey, nice to see you back!!! I really hope it is third time lucky!! Any idea where you're going to apply or waiting on ukcat etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by achanzu
I've booked my UKCAT test for late August and was wondering is there's any advise or tips anyone can offer me regarding preparation. :smile:

I think there's a thread for this somewhere.

Hype en Ecosse
x

Do you know? :smile:
Original post by Amyk89
Hey, nice to see you back!!! I really hope it is third time lucky!! Any idea where you're going to apply or waiting on ukcat etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha me too,

Hoping i some how ace the UKCAT so I dont have to do the GAMSAT.

Do you think the scores for VR section will get any higher? as an average.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by achanzu
I've booked my UKCAT test for late August and was wondering is there's any advise or tips anyone can offer me regarding preparation. :smile:

Like Puddles the Monkey said before, there is indeedy a thread for this! I've moved your post into it now, so if you go back to the first post in the thread, there'll be some hints and tips early on in that first page! We've also got an old wiki page with advice for you, and a MASSIVE list of resources :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,

I didn't know where to quite put this topic but here goes.

I'm taking the UKCAT in a few months and need some prep, I'm currently using the 600 UKCAT questions book only, are there any other resources available?
Reply 198
Original post by zed963
Hi,

I didn't know where to quite put this topic but here goes.

I'm taking the UKCAT in a few months and need some prep, I'm currently using the 600 UKCAT questions book only, are there any other resources available?

You should work on verbal reasoning the most, as you clearly can't read forum titles. No worries though, you've got lots of time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hopes
You should work on verbal reasoning the most, as you clearly can't read forum titles. No worries though, you've got lots of time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm putting the question in the relevant places, seen as most of this thread is dominated by doctors or current medical students, I thought this was the ideal place to put it.

Latest

Trending

Trending