The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who else has their UKCAT 2 weeks from today?!!

What are everyone's prep/study plans for the final 2 weeks before?
Original post by Deslucia
So I sat my UKCAT yesterday..
Decision Analysis messed me over :O no idea what happened, in the practice tests (UKCAT official ones too) I never got below 800, yesterday I scored 660?! Crazy!
Anyone had a similar experience?

Btw these are my scores, not happy at all for graduate entry :frown:
VR 670
QR 750
AR 760
DA 660
Band 1

I guess I'll have to drop King's College as an option :frown:
Any idea whether it would still be good for Glasgow and Edinburgh undergraduate and GEM Barts and Warwick?

You'll be fine for Edinburgh - they give you a score for your UKCAT quartile (which should be either second or first quartile), and also for your SJT band :smile:

I'm not so sure about Glasgow. From what I hear, they operate a cut-off system. When I applied (2013 entry), I think the cut-off was 2700. I would imagine this year it would be higher, but not as high as last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haappy17
Congratulations on the fab scores :biggrin:

If I may ask, what did you score on the 3 medify mocks?

Thanks, appreciate it!

Also, do you have any advice for SJ? I am always wrong, but by one. For eg I will think its 'important', while the real answer is 'very important'

This always catches me, and probably why im like band 3 :frown:
The struggle is reall..

Medium (left) hard (right). Didn't do easy. Only did VR, QR and AR for each.

I don't really have advice for SJ I'm afraid. I didn't really bother 'revising' it, just did a couple of practices to see what time constraints were like.

Original post by sophiesummer12
Hi,

I'm doing my Extended Project on cosmetic dentistry (applying for 2015 entry). I would appreciate it if yous could quickly answer my survey :smile:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/87WD23W

Thanks!!

I did it for you! :smile:
Original post by skyhook
Medium (left) hard (right). Didn't do easy. Only did VR, QR and AR for each.

I don't really have advice for SJ I'm afraid. I didn't really bother 'revising' it, just did a couple of practices to see what time constraints were like.

That's really good
Original post by erudite
I haven't looked into practising much yet but decision analysis looks vile!! My fave is abstract reasoning

If you have any tips for AR, I'd love them! I really just can't seem to get the hang of it.
Look what just arrived in the post!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Look what just arrived in the post!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Helpful but EVIL. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Who else has their UKCAT 2 weeks from today?!!

What are everyone's prep/study plans for the final 2 weeks before?

Mines on the 13. Doing mmy first actual mock on Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Helpful but EVIL. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive been using Medify aswell which I know is the most up to date but is this book still worth it for the practice even though new style questions aren't included?
Hello guys

You know how we have the confidence rating for DA now? Does it matter if I put 5 on everything? Or maybe I should put 3 for the ones Im not too sure about?

Thanks in advance!
I'm about to finish the 600Q book, should I buy the Kaplan one after that or is it not useful?
edit:
Also, can someone post a UKCAT timing guide?
(edited 9 years ago)
Got my UKCAT is 5 days . I'm getting decent marks in the mocks for QR , VR and DA but I'm really struggling with AR and SJT . Need some URGENT tips please . Also what resources should I use since I've finished the Kaplan Book and 600Q Book
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by arbucks
Ive been using Medify aswell which I know is the most up to date but is this book still worth it for the practice even though new style questions aren't included?

If you want to build up your range of questions then yeah sure. The inly really hard ection is their QR. DA is a bit easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by naderz786
Got my UKCAT is 5 days . I'm getting decent marks in the mocks for QR , VR and DA but I'm really struggling with AR and SJT . Need some URGENT tips please . Also what resources should I use since I've finished the Kaplan Book and 600Q Book

Can you please provide me with a link or name of the Kaplan book :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1995
got 698 on the medify EASY mock and so annoyed :frown: it was mainly timing for VR but how could I improve my SJT and AR? help needed!!!
Original post by haappy17
Hello guys

You know how we have the confidence rating for DA now? Does it matter if I put 5 on everything? Or maybe I should put 3 for the ones Im not too sure about?

Thanks in advance!

It does not matter which confidence rating you use, the universities won't receive it its used by Pearson vue so don't waste timing thinking of a number just pick one. I went on a course and they recommended just picking one number and sticking to it instead of thinking about it. Good luck :smile:
Hi I just did the diagnostic test mock from the Kaplan book and got:

Verbal Reasoning: 570
Quantitative Reasoning : 670
Abstract Reasoning: 750
Decision Analysis: 670
SJT: Band 2

My UKCAT exam is on the 27th of August!

Should I be worried because I really want a score above 700!!
I'm starting to panic now :s-smilie:
I'm applying for Dentistry by the way :smile:

Thanks for the help in advance :smile:
Hello :biggrin:

For those who have actually taken the exam. Well done by the way, I'm jealous. Can you finish the test early e.g. after situational judgement then just leave or do you have to wait the full 27 minutes. *Sigh* I wish the time was transferable.
Original post by Mel1312
Hello :biggrin:

For those who have actually taken the exam. Well done by the way, I'm jealous. Can you finish the test early e.g. after situational judgement then just leave or do you have to wait the full 27 minutes. *Sigh* I wish the time was transferable.

Yes, you can end it whenever you like.

Latest

Trending

Trending