The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolgamer
Are u ready for it when's urs ? Mines in 2 weeks time I'm thinking of changing it to September n buying a new book

I did mine last year. I start graduate entry medicine in September.
Original post by Amyk89
I did mine last year. I start graduate entry medicine in September.

Oh nice :smile: wat did u get?
Has anyone taken a UKCAT course? Which one was useful/would you recommend?
Oh nice :smile: wat did u get?

Original post by Amyk89

Wow wat course did u graduate from and how long is ur graduate medicine
Wow wat course did u graduate from and how long is ur graduate medicine

I'm a nurse. I have been qualified for three years now. My grad medicine course will be four years.
I think the ppl who did not do well was because they did not practise the new types of questions

Thanks for making us feel worse than we already do ...
Original post by kgee
That's making me scared now lol... i haven't used medify...all i have done is 600q book and a couple of online free tests. anyone used BMJ Onexamination UKCAT?

U.dont need to be scared. Everyone is different and not everyone who does test uses student room. I personally found it hard. Doesn't mean you or joe blogg will find it hard everyone had a different intelligence level...
currently sporting the worlds biggest h/a c jaw pain consumed from the pain of today listening to silly songs to cheer myself up

this one is korean girls from 09.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ

oh how I do love listening and miming to foreign songs singing their language which I do not understand.. I think this is a girl song lol.
Original post by kgee
Don't give up on your application because of the UKCAT score. Am sure what ever score you got, there will be some unis that wil consider your application. A few of them don't require UKCAT.

Yes but I know my score wont get me any were. Being a scot applicant doesn't help. ..because some unis who might have considered me wont because I needed a levels. ..anyhooo party time!!

Maybe its just not meant to be. This is not my first time applying and o have given it 101% each time.
Reply 591
Original post by the_effendi
U.dont need to be scared. Everyone is different and not everyone who does test uses student room. I personally found it hard. Doesn't mean you or joe blogg will find it hard everyone had a different intelligence level...

Am a theatre practitioner and i have offer to start in October if i achieve minimum of 645 excluding SJ. I hope its achievable. I have only practiced with BMJ Onexamination ukcat :frown:
Original post by kgee
Am a theatre practitioner and i have offer to start in October if i achieve minimum of 645 excluding SJ. I hope its achievable. I have only practiced with BMJ Onexamination ukcat :frown:

Well at least u have offer and worrying about it won't help. I understand ur in pressure to meet your target but u just have to practice whatever is meant to happen on ur test day will that's fate. Personally im not good at iq tests but have more to offer from my experience to my medicine application just stuck now on not getting excellent ukcat score sigh..
..the only problem being Keele uni for the low ukcatters is over saturated year by year :colondollar:
Reply 594
Original post by the_effendi
Well at least u have offer and worrying about it won't help. I understand ur in pressure to meet your target but u just have to practice whatever is meant to happen on ur test day will that's fate. Personally im not good at iq tests but have more to offer from my experience to my medicine application just stuck now on not getting excellent ukcat score sigh..

thanks...i think i need to think about how to nail it rather than worrying :smile:
Reply 595

I would say C. I think its because the number of sections per each shape increases by 1.

Let me what the correct answer is :smile:
Reply 596
Original post by kgee

Sign up and practise with Medify or some similar service. It would be really disheartening to miss out on your offer just because of the UKCAT. Though 645 should be achievable fairly easily, especially with some practice :smile:
Just did the Medify 'Easy' mock and got 681 :/ Not sure if that is good or bad for a Medify 'Easy' mock. Anyone else done these?

I'm using the calculation of (Percentage achieved x 600) + 300
E.G. I got 63.5%
(0.635 x 600) + 300 = 681
Wassup, can anyone help me with the QR?

Kaplan tells me to do every question, spending 30 secs on each in order to complete the set.

However, my common sense disagrees with this. Surely it is better to attempt 80% of the questions, giving you about 48 seconds per question, thus giving you a decent shot at getting them all correct? This would limit me to a maximum of about 780 though...
Thoughts?
Original post by Pennyarcade
Wassup, can anyone help me with the QR?

Kaplan tells me to do every question, spending 30 secs on each in order to complete the set.

However, my common sense disagrees with this. Surely it is better to attempt 80% of the questions, giving you about 48 seconds per question, thus giving you a decent shot at getting them all correct? This would limit me to a maximum of about 780 though...
Thoughts?

I would agree with you but in the UKCAT, i've resigned to the fact that completing all the questions in time with due thought on each question is impossible in every section.
You would be damn amazing to get around 780 though... Like in the top 5% (Probably a smaller percentage) of candidates.
The average score seems to be around 700 from people on TSR.

Latest

Trending

Trending