The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Hi I am a re-applicant and the first time I did the UKCAT I got an average score of 740. I just sat the UKCAT again today and somehow got 607 :frown:

Does anyone know any uni's that don't look at the UKCAT? I know bristol and liverpool don't.
Here are my other stats:

GCSE's: 7A*'s 3A's 1B
AS: AAAA
A2: A*AA
Reply 7981
Original post by abss96
Hi I am a re-applicant and the first time I did the UKCAT I got an average score of 740. I just sat the UKCAT again today and somehow got 607 :frown:

Does anyone know any uni's that don't look at the UKCAT? I know bristol and liverpool don't.
Here are my other stats:

GCSE's: 7A*'s 3A's 1B
AS: AAAA
A2: A*AA

I'm sorry but can I ask how you found the QR?
Guys is the verbal in the real UKCAT as hard as the comprehension on medify???? because if it is, I'm going to fail, can't seem to get any of them within 30 seconds :frown:
Got a rather lacklustre 632.5
VR= 570 (f*** you)
Qr=710 (surprised)
At=700 (content)
Da=550 (hugely disappointed)

Overall meh.
What do u guys think of my 4 options? Are they viable..

Liverpool
UEA
Keele/Lancaster (can't decide)
Kings EMDP

Good luck everyone else who has it to come

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hullo, took mine this morning and got 737.5 Band 1, which I know is nothing to be upset about but I got 757.5 last year so was hoping to beat that score. The main thing I have to say is that Decision analysis was much harder than any I have done before, or at least I got the worst score in it I have ever done. I normally find I finish it with time to spare but not today! So warning on that front. Also it felt like the vast majority of my VR were the questions rather than true/false/can't tell, so harder, but that may just be me remembering the bad bits :tongue: Just wondering, does anyone know what the preliminary mean scores were for 2013? As in did they change a lot post August? I'm just trying to figure out where my score ranks because I have no idea where to apply...
Good luck to anyone who is still practicing!
Reply 7985
Original post by SKM123
I'm sorry but can I ask how you found the QR?

I got 670 in QR which isn't too bad. It was probably the easiest section.
Original post by jonesofmirkwood
Hullo, took mine this morning and got 737.5 Band 1, which I know is nothing to be upset about but I got 757.5 last year so was hoping to beat that score. The main thing I have to say is that Decision analysis was much harder than any I have done before, or at least I got the worst score in it I have ever done. I normally find I finish it with time to spare but not today! So warning on that front. Also it felt like the vast majority of my VR were the questions rather than true/false/can't tell, so harder, but that may just be me remembering the bad bits :tongue: Just wondering, does anyone know what the preliminary mean scores were for 2013? As in did they change a lot post August? I'm just trying to figure out where my score ranks because I have no idea where to apply...
Good luck to anyone who is still practicing!

Bear in mind that last year's scores were higher than they should have been, so a dip of 20 would actually be very consistent when you take that into account. Good job! UKCAT don't have their 2013 preliminary scores on their website anymore-have you tried looking at last year's thread?
Hullo, took mine this morning and got 737.5 Band 1, which I know is nothing to be upset about but I got 757.5 last year so was hoping to beat that score. The main thing I have to say is that Decision analysis was much harder than any I have done before, or at least I got the worst score in it I have ever done. I normally find I finish it with time to spare but not today! So warning on that front. Also it felt like the vast majority of my VR were the questions rather than true/false/can't tell, so harder, but that may just be me remembering the bad bits :tongue: Just wondering, does anyone know what the preliminary mean scores were for 2013? As in did they change a lot post August? I'm just trying to figure out where my score ranks because I have no idea where to apply...Good luck to anyone who is still practicing!

Hi, great scores! I have my ukcat on 28th, any tips n advice for each sections? Any help will be really appreciated!!!
Original post by Crazzyyy
Hi, great scores! I have my ukcat on 28th, any tips n advice for each sections? Any help will be really appreciated!!!

Thanks :smile: I have no idea how to improve on verbal reasoning questions that aren't true/false, but I'd say work on them (sorry rubbish advice here!) because they are so difficult to pick answers out for! I'd say keep moving though because chances are the next one might be easier. Don't underestimate Decision Analysis! In any practice ones I have done I have always felt like the worst is out of the way by that point and relaxed a bit, but if you can, don't :P And really try and think in situational judgement about the issue in the situation if you know what I mean? Oh and if you get stuck in AR move on, because if you are quick and go back later, you might see the pattern on a second glance :wink: Good luck :smile:
Thanks :smile: I have no idea how to improve on verbal reasoning questions that aren't true/false, but I'd say work on them (sorry rubbish advice here!) because they are so difficult to pick answers out for! I'd say keep moving though because chances are the next one might be easier. Don't underestimate Decision Analysis! In any practice ones I have done I have always felt like the worst is out of the way by that point and relaxed a bit, but if you can, don't :P And really try and think in situational judgement about the issue in the situation if you know what I mean? Oh and if you get stuck in AR move on, because if you are quick and go back later, you might see the pattern on a second glance :wink: Good luck :smile:

Thank you so much for the advice!!! One more questn, how well do the official mocks represent the difficulty level in the actual test?
Reply 7990
Original post by abss96
I got 670 in QR which isn't too bad. It was probably the easiest section.

Thank you
Original post by Inglisred
Hi,

I can understand how frustrating it is applying as an international. What you'll have to do is either phone or email the specific universities you're looking into and ask them that. From my experience, I know that the majority will say that the cut-off applies to both home and internationals, but for example, Queen Mary may require a higher cut-off due to the intense competition for international spaces. So it depends on each unis individual selection procedure. Do phone them and ask though.

Thank you for your reply :smile:
I got 682.5 average, with 4A at AS, where should I apply?

VR:630
QR:740
AR:690
DA:670
Will 675 be ok for Exeter? Don't know what happened it was DA that brought my score down despite scoring around 80% consistently in practise :frown:
Original post by Maverick07
Will 675 be ok for Exeter? Don't know what happened it was DA that brought my score down despite scoring around 80% consistently in practise :frown:

what's the problem with DA?
Hi guys, just done my Ukcat and got:

VR = 470 (bad, I know)
QR = 700
AR = 780
DA = 630

Average = 645 with band 1

I am a scottish applicant and i have 6 Higher A's and 2 Advanced higher A's and an int 2 A. Where is my best shot in applying?
Original post by RagaZ
Got a rather lacklustre 632.5
VR= 570 (f*** you)
Qr=710 (surprised)
At=700 (content)
Da=550 (hugely disappointed)

Overall meh.
What do u guys think of my 4 options? Are they viable..

Liverpool
UEA
Keele/Lancaster (can't decide)
Kings EMDP

Good luck everyone else who has it to come

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just sat my UKCAT and got 622.5 :frown:
I was wondering, there does not seem to be the A101 option for Kings EMDP programme in the UCAS system...are you finding the same problem?
Average of 585
Wat unis can I apply to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7998
Original post by boods8897
With VR, most people just skim for keywords from the answers because unless you're a very fast reader, there isn't time to read the whole passage.
DA write the code out exactly as written with brackets and commas etc. The codes are incredibly difficult to remember perfectly in your head! I used up and down arrows and other symbols like stick men :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou soo soooo much! also what would you advise for QR? thankyou
Original post by leeshaa
I just sat my UKCAT and got 622.5 :frown:
I was wondering, there does not seem to be the A101 option for Kings EMDP programme in the UCAS system...are you finding the same problem?

Nope i found it...

where else r u applying to out of interest ?

Latest

Trending

Trending