Scroll to see replies

Original post by kgee
price of 4 carrat is 640. therefore 640 = price of 1 x 4 square

which is 640/16 = 40

1 carrat is 40

divide 1960 by 40 you get 49.

which is 7 square.

hope that helps

Sorry I'm probably just overlooking this, but how come you square it?
Reply 1781
Original post by arbucks
Sorry I'm probably just overlooking this, but how come you square it?

formula in key facts 2
After last year's failure, i am really pleased with my results.

VR: 700
QR: 790
AR: 830
DA: 800
band 1

If anyone needs any help, i am more than happy to help!
Original post by Laurenam

band 1

What did you get last year? And what did you do differently this year which made you get such a high score? Well done btw!
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
What did you get last year? And what did you do differently this year which made you get such a high score? Well done btw!

Thanks!
I dont remember last year's score for each section but my vr was terrible. I had an average of 630.
This year i did lots of practise compared to last year. But i think the most important thing is to be calm during the test. Last year i was so stressed that i guessed almost half of the questions.
(edited 9 years ago)

band 1

TELL ME ALL YOUR SECRETS. :smile:

Like how far in advance + how many hours prep did you do? Thanks! :3
Original post by WishIHadRevised
TELL ME ALL YOUR SECRETS. :smile:

Like how far in advance + how many hours prep did you do? Thanks! :3

I started a month before my exam and i was studying 4 hours each day. 2 hours in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. In the morning i used to do some practise without looking at the clock but by understanding each question. In the afternoon, i used to do a mock exam. I think the most important thing is to understand that you CANT ANSWER all the questions and to learn to GIVE UP on some of them.
Ok so i got like 69% on the medify easy mock not sure how i should take this result the percentage is excluding SJT which i did rubbish at either way i just wanted to know what kind of score should i be looking at if my performance is similar during the real exam
I think the most important thing is to understand that you CANT ANSWER all the questions and to learn to GIVE UP on some of them.

Perhaps the best piece of advice I've heard!!!
Original post by arbucks
Perhaps the best piece of advice I've heard!!!

haha thanks. Happy that i helped. I mean everybody knows that practise is essential. But undestanding the way that this exam works, for me is extremely important:smile:
Reply 1790
Original post by terabaap
Ok so i got like 69% on the medify easy mock not sure how i should take this result the percentage is excluding SJT which i did rubbish at either way i just wanted to know what kind of score should i be looking at if my performance is similar during the real exam

i think you did better and would get good score but that depends on the day and what questions you get. I had 43% of medify mock. haven't sat my test yet though :tongue:
Hey guys,

I got 695 on my UKCAT (fairly pleased) and was wondering if this was good enough to apply to Kings College undergraduate medicine program, or St. George's undergrad medicine program?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
This thread literallymakes me want to cry...
Reply 1793
Original post by BigBangTheory1
This thread literallymakes me want to cry...

why if i may ask?
I started a month before my exam and i was studying 4 hours each day. 2 hours in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. In the morning i used to do some practise without looking at the clock but by understanding each question. In the afternoon, i used to do a mock exam. I think the most important thing is to understand that you CANT ANSWER all the questions and to learn to GIVE UP on some of them.

Which resources and mocks did you use? Thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Which resources and mocks did you use? Thanks for the advice :smile:

Books:
Q600 -1 mock
UKCAT FOR DUMMIES- 2 mocks
Score higher on the UKCAT(the kaplan one)-1 mock
How to master the UKCAT- 1 mock

I did everything that was free on internet(you can find the links on another thread in here) and i also did some psychometric tests that look similar to ukcat(you can google them).

PS. If you run out of resources then you can do them again, it doesnt matter. Especially the mocks. Dont look at the explanations so that you dont remember them.:smile:
Books:
Q600 -1 mock
UKCAT FOR DUMMIES- 2 mocks
Score higher on the UKCAT(the kaplan one)-1 mock
How to master the UKCAT- 1 mock

I did everything that was free on internet(you can find the links on another thread in here) and i also did some psychometric tests that look similar to ukcat(you can google them).

PS. If you run out of resources then you can do them again, it doesnt matter. Especially the mocks. Dont look at the explanations so that you dont remember them.:smile:

Thanks very much :smile:
Ok is the 600 UKCAT book an absolute necessity in peoples opinion i have it but didnt like the way it explained stuff compared to the score higher on the ukcat by kaplan book i will do the mocks at the end anyway and i also have literately done all of the medify questions but VR so is it ok if i drop out on the 600 UKCAT book have like 2 weeks before my exam and am very scared as i did the medify easy mock yesterday when i didnt count SJT i only got like 69% advice please
Original post by kgee
why if i may ask?

Its just that people are posting their really high scores of about 800 in each section and these are the people competing against me to get an offer! I don't even know i have the mental capacity and speed to get a high score like that..
hey just want to ask if the difficulty of QR in medify is the same as the real test?
I really suck at QR and cant seem to get my head around some of the questions
Plus VR too

Latest

Trending

Trending