The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Physical Geography (13th May)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Doing coastal zone, ice on the land and restless earth. Way too many case studies to learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Coursework: 58/60

Topics for Unit 1: Living World, Water on the Land and The Coastal Zone.

How about you all.
Reply 22
Original post by JamezWebb
53/60 on the coursework.

Topics: The Restless Earth, The Coastal Zone, Water On The Land

Revision Techniques: Case Studies all around my room and spamming the past papers!

:biggrin:

We're doing the same topics, then! For Human, I'm doing Population, Globalisation and Urban Environments (we don't really call them their official names in our school so sorry if I got them wrong!)
Anyone got any resources for case studies?
Original post by WillWalker23
I'm doing Restless Earth, Ice on the Land and The Coastal Zone.
Hmm, the cgp guide isn't that good. Use the phillip allan one or use the aqa endorsed textbook. The CGP guides don't explain things that well and although some of the case studies are good, some aren't that good.

Same topics: D
I'm doing living world, water on land and tectonics (i think)... I'm really struggling to revise though got all my coursework do in tomorrow for other subjects, hardly revised for geography!!! :'((((((((((((((
Reply 26
Original post by lawrencefrape1
How do you know what you got in the coursework?

our teacher gave us the marks we did for the controlled assessment, i don't know if we're talking about the same thing?
Reply 27
Original post by Kitty-meaw
I'm doing living world, water on land and tectonics (i think)... I'm really struggling to revise though got all my coursework do in tomorrow for other subjects, hardly revised for geography!!! :'((((((((((((((

don't worry i had the same problem just try and prioritise your time it's not too late and you've still got a whole weekend for geography?
Original post by Mikey448
don't worry i had the same problem just try and prioritise your time it's not too late and you've still got a whole weekend for geography?

yh true but i got 4 more exams... one on monday, one on tuesday and three on wednesday :frown:
our teacher gave us the marks we did for the controlled assessment, i don't know if we're talking about the same thing?

I'm pretty sure we are. I did a CA on the CBD of Orpington. Did you do something similar but for a different area? It was so boring!
Reply 30
Original post by lawrencefrape1
I'm pretty sure we are. I did a CA on the CBD of Orpington. Did you do something similar but for a different area? It was so boring!

yeahhh same!! we did it on the CBD of Walsall and had to take environmental quality values and rubbish :/
yeahhh same!! we did it on the CBD of Walsall and had to take environmental quality values and rubbish :/
I found it really boring. Got to revise now for Physics and English lit. There is so much to do that I think I'll just leave Bio for the weekend (not this weekend but the one after that)
Here are my notes- i am doing restless earth, rocks+scenery, ice on land

I have attached notes in one file and case studies in the other file :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by Kitty-meaw
yh true but i got 4 more exams... one on monday, one on tuesday and three on wednesday :frown:

ugh i feel for u, some days i have 4 exams :frown:
Reply 34
Original post by saskiabw
Here are my notes- i am doing restless earth, rocks+scenery, ice on land

I have attached notes in one file and case studies in the other file :biggrin:

thank u so much!!! was just what i needed! first person i've met actually doing the same topics as me :P
Reply 35
Original post by JamezWebb
53/60 on the coursework.

Topics: The Restless Earth, The Coastal Zone, Water On The Land

Revision Techniques: Case Studies all around my room and spamming the past papers!

:biggrin:

I got 50/60 yippee and im doing the same topics as you :colondollar::biggrin:
Original post by Radical Lemon
What case studies are you guys doing for Restless Earth?

The Andes, Mt St Helens, Yellowstone, Kobe, Sichuan, Tohoku / Indean Ocean Tsunami (learnt both).
Reply 37
Original post by WillWalker23
The Andes, Mt St Helens, Yellowstone, Kobe, Sichuan, Tohoku / Indean Ocean Tsunami (learnt both).

You must be using the AQA textbook with the green parts on the side, can't remember what it's called. Doing the exact same ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by thechemistress
Same topics: D

It's you again! And I'm doing the same topics as well. If you have any very concise notes that cover everything, it would be much appreciated :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by strawberrysnow
We didn't have coursework but we had a controlled assessment (not sure if they're the same!) but I somehow managed to get 60/60- very pleased! :smile:

Yeah I'm pretty much there - think I'm at 58/59 out of 60
Guess my day in Cambridge for that was well spent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending