The Student Room Group

AQA AS HISTOY HIS1G Britain, 1815–1865 QUESTION PREDICTIONS?

what do you think will come up tomorrow in the exam/
( i am so nervous)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm soooooooooooo nervous for this exam! I hope nothing on foreign policy comes up :frown:
Original post by Rene96
I'm soooooooooooo nervous for this exam! I hope nothing on foreign policy comes up :frown:

i think foreign policy is always question 3, so choose question 2 and you should be ok!
I hope theres nothing on gladstone because a few years back there was a 24 mark question on his reforms!
Reply 3
Original post by EliteHoneyBadger
i think foreign policy is always question 3, so choose question 2 and you should be ok!
I hope theres nothing on gladstone because a few years back there was a 24 mark question on his reforms!

Omg really?!?!?!?!?!!? I literally know NOTHING about Gladstone nor Palmerstone (other than his role as foreign secretary) :frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 4
I've (stupidly) chose not to revise foreign policy/ireland as I didn't understand it in the first place and trying to revise it the night before the exam would confuse me more!
My predictions are that chartism should hopefully feature as it hasn't came up in a while!
I would love whig reforms, why the whigs lost power, great reform act or something like that to come up! I'm confident with everything up to chartism, which isn't great so hopefully it will be a really nice paper and I can scrape a C!
Original post by lucy96x
I've (stupidly) chose not to revise foreign policy/ireland as I didn't understand it in the first place and trying to revise it the night before the exam would confuse me more!
My predictions are that chartism should hopefully feature as it hasn't came up in a while!
I would love whig reforms, why the whigs lost power, great reform act or something like that to come up! I'm confident with everything up to chartism, which isn't great so hopefully it will be a really nice paper and I can scrape a C!

This would be the prefect exam for em:

Q1:
01- explain why their was popular discontent in Britain in the years 1815-20 (12)

02-How far where Tory economic reforms responsible for the decline of popular discontent in the years 1821 to 1827?

Q2
03- Explain why lord grey's government introduced the reform bill in 1831? (12)

o4- How far did whig reforms improve the lives of the working vlass in years 1833 to 1840? (24)

Q3:
I am not going to answer this question because it is 100% foreign policy
Reply 6
This would be the prefect exam for em:

Q1:
01- explain why their was popular discontent in Britain in the years 1815-20 (12)

02-How far where Tory economic reforms responsible for the decline of popular discontent in the years 1821 to 1827?

Q2
03- Explain why lord grey's government introduced the reform bill in 1831? (12)

o4- How far did whig reforms improve the lives of the working vlass in years 1833 to 1840? (24)

Q3:
I am not going to answer this question because it is 100% foreign policy

hahahahah question 3 is definitely me :biggrin:!!
hopefully something like that or why chartism failed would be a nice one too!! Praying for a nice paper :frown:
Hi, this is my first time posting here so I hope it's all right and this is AS level ect. :smile:

My history teacher told us these, he did stress that we should revise everything, but here's what he said - he's written some papers in the past and everything so hopefully he knows what he's talking about.:wink:

Whig Reforms 1833-1840; nothing since January 2012. 3 sets of papers have had nothing on it since then.

Poor Law 1835 and Factory Act 1833; never been any questions on them even though the syllabus specifies them.

Palmerston and the opposition to Parliamentary Reform up to1865; never been anything even though syllabus specifies it.

Peel; every summer paper has had a 24 mark on him. 2009 had a January paper on him.

Reform Act 1832; on the last paper (24 marks) but not on previous two. Last time a 24 mark on it came up, next paper had a 12 mark on it. Could happen again?

So, Liverpool, Whig Reforms, Chartism, Peel, Palmerston and his resistance to Parliamentary Reform up to 1865?

Hope this helped! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by jessicalovespotter
Hi, this is my first time posting here so I hope it's all right and this is AS level ect. :smile:

My history teacher told us these, he did stress that we should revise everything, but here's what he said - he's written some papers in the past and everything so hopefully he knows what he's talking about.:wink:

Whig Reforms 1833-1840; nothing since January 2012. 3 sets of papers have had nothing on it since then.

Poor Law 1835 and Factory Act 1833; never been any questions on them even though the syllabus specifies them.

Palmerston and the opposition to Parliamentary Reform up to1865; never been anything even though syllabus specifies it.

Peel; every summer paper has had a 24 mark on him. 2009 had a January paper on him.

Reform Act 1832; on the last paper (24 marks) but not on previous two. Last time a 24 mark on it came up, next paper had a 12 mark on it. Could happen again?

So, Liverpool, Whig Reforms, Chartism, Peel, Palmerston and his resistance to Parliamentary Reform up to 1865?

Hope this helped! :smile:

Yes it definitely did help! Thank you :biggrin:
I'm seriously hoping for chartism! There's so much to say and it's relatively easy too!
Original post by lucy96x
Yes it definitely did help! Thank you :biggrin:
I'm seriously hoping for chartism! There's so much to say and it's relatively easy too!

I know, it's good that Chartism didn't work at all, so you don't have to explain what did and didn't:biggrin:
Glad you found it useful, good luck for the exam tomorrow! So glad I've got tomorrow morning to revise as well, hardly done any:confused:
Reply 10
I know, it's good that Chartism didn't work at all, so you don't have to explain what did and didn't:biggrin:
Glad you found it useful, good luck for the exam tomorrow! So glad I've got tomorrow morning to revise as well, hardly done any:confused:

Yeah exactly!! Thank you and you :smile: I've got a 2 hour english exam in the morning unfortunately so haven't got time to revise in the morning :frown:
Reply 11

I had a psychology exam today so I've had no time to revise for British History so I might be pulling an all-nighter (til 4am maybe lol) :frown: Do you guys have any resources or exemplar essays you could share?
Reply 12
Original post by Rene96
I had a psychology exam today so I've had no time to revise for British History so I might be pulling an all-nighter (til 4am maybe lol) :frown: Do you guys have any resources or exemplar essays you could share?

Here's some exemplar essay's provided by the exam board: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2040-W-TRB-U01SA-HIS1G.PDF
Don't be put off by how much those candidates wrote as they always seem to be really long in excessive detail which we wouldn't be able to write given the time limit, but still gives some good ideas :smile:
A good resource is probably this site once you figure out how to work it: http://www.educationforum.co.uk/history/history.htm
Has powerpoints and lots of other stuff to help learn the content!

Good luck everyone! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by lucy96x
Here's some exemplar essay's provided by the exam board: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2040-W-TRB-U01SA-HIS1G.PDF
A good resource is probably this site once you figure out how to work it: http://www.educationforum.co.uk/history/history.htm
Has powerpoints and lots of other stuff to help learn the content!

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Ah yes thank you I've seen both before haha :colondollar: It's weird though, the exemplar work from the AQA website is really simplistic, no?
Reply 14
Original post by Rene96
Ah yes thank you I've seen both before haha :colondollar: It's weird though, the exemplar work from the AQA website is really simplistic, no?

yeah they're seems to be no inbetween, either really long and excessive or short and pretty rubbish haha! :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by lucy96x
yeah they're seems to be no inbetween, either really long and excessive or short and pretty rubbish haha! :s-smilie:

Bleurgh, I despise this course tbh :frown: How can we fit in 50 years worth of HISTORY in an hour and 15 minutes?!?!?!? Ridiculous how my GCSE exam was longer than this haha
im going to cry if palmerston and gladstone will be in question 2.
Reply 17
im going to cry if palmerston and gladstone will be in question 2.

Which is why Im going to play it safe and revise foreign policy just in case (but then again the foreign policy question last year was about American relations which I have NO clue about) NLNFJKVDFS;;JLNKVERDWM :angry::mad::frown:
Original post by Rene96
Which is why Im going to play it safe and revise foreign policy just in case (but then again the foreign policy question last year was about American relations which I have NO clue about) NLNFJKVDFS;;JLNKVERDWM :angry::mad::frown:

what grade are you aiming for?
Reply 19
what grade are you aiming for?

A/B but I think I'm going to end up with a C because I'm literally just starting for revise now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending