The Student Room Group

SCLY1 15th May 2014 and SCLY2 21th May 2014 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAlchemistt
Did she say anything for Unit 1?

I have a different teacher for Unit 1, she is a bit hopeless but she reckoned that Social Policy and Childhood would come up
Original post by chl0ejasmine
I have a different teacher for Unit 1, she is a bit hopeless but she reckoned that Social Policy and Childhood would come up

Aha, Social policy would be great! Childhood... eh i hate that
Does you have to do an introduction for Sociology essays? I find the time limit so difficult..
Aha, Social policy would be great! Childhood... eh i hate that

Ah idk, social policy baffles me a bit! I like childhood though, so much to say.
Ah idk, social policy baffles me a bit! I like childhood though, so much to say.

hmm, You think demography as a good chance coming up?
I'm much more confident on family patterns and couples, absolutely hate social policy haha! Can't see tomorrow going too well...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hmm, You think demography as a good chance coming up?

Maybe as the first 24 mark without the item on perhaps Birth Rate/Death rate - but more likely as a 6 mark because its quite difficult to do a 24 mark solely on that, it hasn't been a 24 mark often for that reason I think.
Maybe as the first 24 mark without the item on perhaps Birth Rate/Death rate - but more likely as a 6 mark because its quite difficult to do a 24 mark solely on that, it hasn't been a 24 mark often for that reason I think.

Yeh i was thinking it will come up as a 6 maker
Any idea of what the 24 markers could be?
What's the chances feminism comes up???
Reply 30
i literally hate social policy, not even sure what it is... but i have a feeling divorce/ marriage rates might come up, so nervous for tommorow
Reply 31
Original post by Youngdoglover
What's the chances feminism comes up???

Hopefully none.:frown:
Predictions for SCLY2? :smile:
Reply 33
Does anyone know Marxist and Feminist views on family diversity??
I have that Functionalists/New Right are against family diversity as they believe the nuclear family is the best type and that marriage is essential to social stability and lone-parents are unnatural & harmful to society.
Thanks!
Original post by emvht
Does anyone know Marxist and Feminist views on family diversity??
I have that Functionalists/New Right are against family diversity as they believe the nuclear family is the best type and that marriage is essential to social stability and lone-parents are unnatural & harmful to society.
Thanks!

Feminists believe that lone-parents and same sex families are good as they remove females from male dominance and reduces the idea of patriarchy.

Not sure about Marxists, maybe talk about Post Modernist?
For unit 1 I am so confused about Family and Social Policy :/ Is the only possible essay for that the perspectives of social policy??
If demographics comes up as one of the 24 marker what names and perspectives would you use?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
How is social policies going to come up as a 24 marker? There is hardly anything to write about it. Can someone run me through the ideas of social policy please!

I think demographics and childhood are going to be the 24 markers.
Reply 38
How likely is demography to come up?!?
My teacher is under the impression that Demographic changes, marriage and cohabitation patterns and childhood are most likely to come up. Yet i would not bank of family diversity not coming up, it's important to remember that the exam was being written when gay marriage was made legal. So go over it just in case :smile: But all the best of luck to everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending