The Student Room Group

FP1 (MEI OCR) May 16th

I haven't seen a thread on this yet so I thought about posting one.
What do you guys think about the upcoming exams, any last minute questions you have, tips to give or difficult potential questions you would like to point out?
Also good luck to everyone taking the exam! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
get rekt?
Reply 2
How was it
Reply 3
what did you guys get for the new roots equation
Reply 4
It doesn't seem to have been as bad as regular OCR judging by the reactions in that thread.
That could have gone worse, could have gone better. The Argand diagram question stumped me a little though. What did you lot get for the largest |w-z| value? I got 7.6 something..
The | z - w | should have been 8, but I didn't write this down when I should have :frown:, there goes the chance of full UMS down the drain. Everything else about that paper was easy so I guess it will probably be 60-64 for a A and probably 72/72 for full UMS.
Reply 7
Original post by Thahleel
The | z - w | should have been 8, but I didn't write this down when I should have :frown:, there goes the chance of full UMS down the drain. Everything else about that paper was easy so I guess it will probably be 60-64 for a A and probably 72/72 for full UMS.

so was the | z - w | definately 8?

Reply 8
Original post by Rohan97
what did you guys get for the new roots equation

for the roots q i think, not sure, i got
w^3-6w^2-12w-14
(edited 9 years ago)
I got 7. something for | z-w|, are you sure 8 is correct?
Reply 10
Original post by DanShare95
I got 7. something for | z-w|, are you sure 8 is correct?

Yh thats what im not sure about some got 8 and some got 7. something, won't it just be 8 because the point w lies on the circle and the furtherest point would be 4+4 hence 8 away?
No because its not the diameter that is the distance between the 2 points
|-4-(2-sqrt(3)j)|
anything like that?
(edited 9 years ago)
I got 7.37ish :smile:
I got 7.73
unofficial mark scheme anyone? i can start one? :smile:
Reply 16
****ed up 9i soooo hard, spent way too long on it even though it was only 2 marks.
i used 3a+1, 3b+1 and 3y+1 for the new equation, how many marks do you think ill miss out of the seven assuming i used the incorrect roots correctly?
I am certain 8 is wrong for the |z-w|
People assume the value of z to be -2-2j. However this was not part of the locus described in the equation of z.
I think the value of z should be -4j. which the answer is 7.72740661...
By the way anyone have ideas on the 3a-1, 3b-1 question?
I got x^3.....-6x-14

Quick Reply

Latest