The Student Room Group

[MAC] Unable to mount SSHFS with OSXFUSE in fstab

Hey guys,

The line in my /etc/fstab file is as follows:

sshfs#user@address:/media /Users/acc/Desktop/CODAAMOK fuse port=??,reconnect,allow_other,volname=SERVER 0 0

The error I'm receiving is as follows:

mount: exec /System/Library/Filesystems/fuse.fs/Contents/Resources/mount_fuse for /Users/acc/Desktop/CODAAMOK: No such file or directory

I'm new to OS X so to my understanding, this doesn't work the way it usually does in the likes of, say, Ubuntu or the like. I'm inclined to believe my issue is the use of fuse although I'm not entirely sure. Whilst OSXFUSE version 2.6.4 is installed, I can't seem to use it in command line when using the term fuse. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
I haven't tried using SSHFS on OS X (I use it often on Linux, too), but does /System/Library/Filesystems/fuse.fs/Contents/Resources/mount_fuse exist? Is it a symlink to somewhere else? (if it is, does the target exist?)

Either that or maybe the mount point doesn't exist?
Reply 2
Original post by ihavemooedtoday
I haven't tried using SSHFS on OS X (I use it often on Linux, too), but does /System/Library/Filesystems/fuse.fs/Contents/Resources/mount_fuse exist? Is it a symlink to somewhere else? (if it is, does the target exist?)

Either that or maybe the mount point doesn't exist?

Turns out mount_fuse doens't exist... But a reference of it is clearly somewhere because how else would it know that it's absolute path would be "/System/Library/Filesystems/fuse.fs/Contents/Resources/mount_fuse"?

I more than likely installed it incorrectly. I will try again. I don't suppose you know of any other alternative means for mounting SSHFS in OS X do you?
I don't unfortunately.

It's possible that it built the path using the filesystem type you specified in fstab.

For example, on Linux usually if you specify filesystem type "x", it would look for /sbin/mount.x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending