The Student Room Group

PCs for Music Production and Gaming

Hi, I want to buy something that us capable of good music production (obvious answer is a mac or something similar for logic pro) but also for gaming (something a mac does not seem to be really as good at). I'm on a fairly tight budget and have no knowledge of pc requirements for gaming or general costs and my knowledge of what makes for good specs is very limited. Any advice?
What sort of gaming will you do? What's the budget?
£300 or so for a 6700 XT is the only GPU worth considering. Current gen is complete **** and a complete rip off.
Reply 3
Original post by GetTwisted
What sort of gaming will you do? What's the budget?

Cs, rl, overwatch etc but the budget hasn’t been set yet because I’m not 100% sure how much I will need to spend (I’d be able to push the budget a little if I found something I really liked)
Reply 4
Original post by random_matt
£300 or so for a 6700 XT is the only GPU worth considering. Current gen is complete **** and a complete rip off.

I have no idea what this means but thank u I assume that’s a graphics card but even if it is I have no idea what that means in terms of mac vs pc
Original post by teknishun
I have no idea what this means but thank u I assume that’s a graphics card but even if it is I have no idea what that means in terms of mac vs pc

Yeah this is a graphic card or GPU.

Cs, rl, overwatch etc but the budget hasn’t been set yet because I’m not 100% sure how much I will need to spend (I’d be able to push the budget a little if I found something I really liked)

You looking to buy or build.it yourself. There are pros and cons to both, though the way your asking seems you want to buy it. That said it will depend on budget. Give me a ball park figure on how much you'd prefer to spend and I'll see what I can do
Reply 6
Yeah this is a graphic card or GPU.

You looking to buy or build.it yourself. There are pros and cons to both, though the way your asking seems you want to buy it. That said it will depend on budget. Give me a ball park figure on how much you'd prefer to spend and I'll see what I can do

Under 1k is kinda like the maximum but if there’s a way to sacrifice fps or smth to decrease it to 700 then that would be great (I played Xbox my whole life idc abt great graphics or stuff
Ebuyer Alphasync
AWD IT

Out of the 2 I would go for. The Ebuyer is a little bit more but it's worth it compared to AWD IT comparable to specs stock. When I did some tweaking on the AWD IT the price is more for the same components.
Ebuyer Alphasync
AWD IT

Out of the 2 I would go for. The Ebuyer is a little bit more but it's worth it compared to AWD IT comparable to specs stock. When I did some tweaking on the AWD IT the price is more for the same components.

I would buy from overclockers personally. Students can get discounts at Dell and Lenovo if they want to save money.
I don't know what your situation is. I have dealt with Dell customer service before it's adequate.
I don't know what your situation is. I have dealt with Dell customer service before it's adequate.

Wouldn't know, I moved to mac full time last year.
Reply 11
Original post by random_matt
Wouldn't know, I moved to mac full time last year.

Do u game on it and if so is it good
Do u game on it and if so is it good

I have a M1 Max Studio. Macs do not play most of the games out there, but it plays what I like, isometric RPG's. Some people will use crossover or parallels though to emulate windows games.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending