The Student Room Group

As spanish aqa 3rd june 2014

Anyone have any ideas of what essays questions may come up on this years paper?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betweenthesheets
Anyone have any ideas of what essays questions may come up on this years paper?

I very much hope it will be on television or advertisong, as these seem to come up alot, I haven't seen any on cinema for a while though, and technogy and marriage so maybe those 9i hope not though, they are really hard to write about)
I'm hoping for marriage or family - but friendship I don't think has ever come up so perhaps that? Maybe holidays as well... but I hope not.
Reply 3
Anyone know of any productive ways to be able to revise for this? I tried doing mock questions for the writing and lots of past papers but I don't feel that it is very successful or has been particularly productive?
Reply 4
Original post by Domk096
Anyone know of any productive ways to be able to revise for this? I tried doing mock questions for the writing and lots of past papers but I don't feel that it is very successful or has been particularly productive?

I find it best to go over things like grammar and vocab first. Then doing essay plans for the essay questions is quite useful. I hate the grammar section so I like to play a 'game' like this http://www.spanish.cl/Grammar/Games/Adjetivos_Posesivos.htm to test me!
Original post by Domk096

Just mock questions and vocab questions/quizzes are the only way to secure those listening and reading questions...

For the written I haven't done any essays since before study leave (is that bad?) but I've been planning loads. Spider diagrams, pros and cons lists (they're particularly helpful for Las Relaciones), etc. My exam technique isn't so bad, so if I actually think about what I want to say for lots of different questions then I'm hoping I'll be okay *touch wood*.

My Spanish is in the middle of three exams in 2 days...eek.
Reply 6
It's hard to predict essays for this, so try and plan essays on every topic... such fun
What do you all think you're going to get? :smile:
Reply 7
The people at my school who did German and French (AQA also) have said that it was really really hard so I'm expecting something similar for Spanish :/ So far i've done mindmaps on each subtopic and picked out topic specific vocab for it and a few past papers and I was going to do some more essays :s-smilie:
I predict that sports, publicity, friendships or technology may come up..... they always repeat fashion and television! (Well I think)..... gosh I really want 100% in this paper and based on my mocks, it is possible, but I always tend to underperform.... I did the french AQA paper a couple of weeks ago and it was weird. Very weird. And i'm expecting spanish to be equally as challenging :frown:
btw, just if anyone is interested, I made a memrise course a couple of weeks ago, especially for the AQA AS course. Here's the link:

http://www.memrise.com/course/169708/spanish-as-aqa/1/

It also has complex phrases as opposed to just random vocab where you don't know how to use it in context. Hope this helps
Reply 10
Does anyone think that drugs and alcohol might come up? I don't think there has been a question on this so far but correct me if I'm wrong
Original post by Personht
Does anyone think that drugs and alcohol might come up? I don't think there has been a question on this so far but correct me if I'm wrong

Health came up last year but not drugs and alcohol so there may be some hope
All the topics that haven't come up already are the ones that I hate e.g marriage/friendship/publicity - so I'm worried for the essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BuddingAchiever
I predict that sports, publicity, friendships or technology may come up..... they always repeat fashion and television! (Well I think)..... gosh I really want 100% in this paper and based on my mocks, it is possible, but I always tend to underperform.... I did the french AQA paper a couple of weeks ago and it was weird. Very weird. And i'm expecting spanish to be equally as challenging :frown:

I feel exactly the same, the french paper has made me worried for this years spanish; if that infinitive question comes up again I'm screwed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by émiliemilia
I feel exactly the same, the french paper has made me worried for this years spanish; if that infinitive question comes up again I'm screwed

Posted from TSR Mobile

What infinitive question? What kind of hard stuff did you get in the French exam and how do you think they'll make this year's spanish harder based on your experience in the French exam?
Original post by Watchthe
What infinitive question? What kind of hard stuff did you get in the French exam and how do you think they'll make this year's spanish harder based on your experience in the French exam?

There were like 7 blank boxes and a list of about 10 or so infinitives e.g raser and you had to put it in the box in a sentence, they have them on spanish and french past papers but never before have they done it with infinitives usually it's a mix of verbs and adjectives in a sentence e.g azul or hago but this one was literally like all infinitives like hacer, saber (but french) and some of them we didn't know really, which was hard.
It worries me because the paper was really strange and hard in places and I don't want the same to happen in spanish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by émiliemilia
There were like 7 blank boxes and a list of about 10 or so infinitives e.g raser and you had to put it in the box in a sentence, they have them on spanish and french past papers but never before have they done it with infinitives usually it's a mix of verbs and adjectives in a sentence e.g azul or hago but this one was literally like all infinitives like hacer, saber (but french) and some of them we didn't know really, which was hard.
It worries me because the paper was really strange and hard in places and I don't want the same to happen in spanish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh! That sounds stressful if they put in a verb you've never seen before!! The essays were all as usual though? Was it hard because they put me vocab in and made grammar exercises harder? Sorry for so many questions I'm just really nervous!!
Does anyone have a feeling publicity will come up for the essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annaelizabet
Does anyone have a feeling publicity will come up for the essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do!
I do!

It has only been on once! I do not know how many times it has before 2010.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh! That sounds stressful if they put in a verb you've never seen before!! The essays were all as usual though? Was it hard because they put me vocab in and made grammar exercises harder? Sorry for so many questions I'm just really nervous!!

The gap fill was the best bit lol and the essays were like my favourite topics but some of the questions yeah it was hard because they put stuff in that we hadn't come across like the word for dairy lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending