The Student Room Group

As spanish aqa 3rd june 2014

Scroll to see replies

I have a feeling it could be publicity, holidays and cinema for the essay topics? Do these sound reasonable?
Does anyone have an exemplar essay which got full marks which they could upload or even one of your own essays which you did really well in? I'm just really confused about what gets content marks!? :frown:

Thanks! It would really be helpful!
Original post by annaelizabet
It has only been on once! I do not know how many times it has before 2010.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, I believe (and I hope) it will come up...... so at least we can prepare for it? But I suppose they may also put up topics that we've already come across a couple of years ago, e.g sports (again) or even music/ cinema
Original post by Watchthe
Does anyone have an exemplar essay which got full marks which they could upload or even one of your own essays which you did really well in? I'm just really confused about what gets content marks!? :frown:

Thanks! It would really be helpful!

Lol I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet here but I've never gotten below 30 in my essays but I've achieved full marks in some essays. I'll try and PM them to you
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BuddingAchiever
Lol I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet here but I've gotten below 30 in my essays but I've achieved full marks in some essays. I'll try and PM them to you

would you try PM'in them to me too? :smile:
Reply 25
Lol I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet here but I've never gotten below 30 in my essays but I've achieved full marks in some essays. I'll try and PM them to you

please can you PM me too? :smile:

any chance you could pm me aswell? :smile:
Budding Achiever I am so sorry I started this off since you must have other revision to do as well, but in my defense your essays are truly outstanding :smile:

Sorry but could you pm to me as well!xoxo
Budding Achiever I am so sorry I started this off since you must have other revision to do as well, but in my defense your essays are truly outstanding :smile:

This really means a lot to me! Thank you so much! Fyi I repped you.. if only I could give you the thumbs up hundred times.

And for everyone else who would like to see my essays, would it be possible if you PM me your email addresses because obviously I can't send attachments through TSR.

And tbh I only have 2 exams.... so I have PLENTY of time for them.... I've been revising spanish since march so really, I just want to get the exam over and done with
This really means a lot to me! Thank you so much! Fyi I repped you.. if only I could give you the thumbs up hundred times.

And for everyone else who would like to see my essays, would it be possible if you PM me your email addresses because obviously I can't send attachments through TSR.

PMed you:smile: thank you so much! x
The essay question choices will probably be on a mixture of family, TV and technology as they seem to do often because they're meant to be 'interesting' (I frankly find them mind-numbing) - there's no point worrying for them if you have good topic vocabulary and lots of examples (for some annoying reason AQA are obsessed with examples). I've not been revising for this since in my mock and other tests I've had no problems, although I could be shooting myself in the foot if I can't remember how to conjugate the present tense in the exam :crossedf: . Does anyone else do OCR for French or another language as well as AQA Spanish? I swear they make OCR a lot harder than AQA - there's no choice of essay question with OCR, they bring up some frankly weird vocab and for the speaking you have to prepare a topic of your choice related to a (French in my case) speaking country in depth. Time to start cramming vocab and ideas.....
I did the exam last year and I'm retaking.
Family, health and fashion came up last year

My feels are that DEFINITELY something from the medios de comunicación topic will come up as it didn't last year so tele publicidad or tecnología - one of those

Vacaciones and cine as well

These are my predictions- I don't think a marriage/ family one will come up again as it does nearly every year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

please could you pm them to me too? :') thank you so much!
Original post by Annabanana10614
Can you Pm them to me too please?

how do you normally structure your essays, like what sort of phrases do you use? because i feel like i write gcse stuff...?!?!:eek:
Set out a clear introduction with 3 or 4 main points. Then go onto your first point and introduce it like Primero...then segundo. Try and use subjunctives,good connectives and an example for each point. Hope that helps,I can PM you one of my essay's? I am retaking from last year but sitting A2 this year and have been doing well in those essays.
Reply 37
Does anyone have a full vocabulary list for AS spanish? I am re-sitting this year and cannot get my hands on a full list.
Original post by meenod
Does anyone have a full vocabulary list for AS spanish? I am re-sitting this year and cannot get my hands on a full list.

http://www.memrise.com/course/169708/spanish-as-aqa/ you could check out this memrise course which has all the subject specific vocab, as well as complex phrases which are related to the topic.
Original post by Annabanana10614
Set out a clear introduction with 3 or 4 main points. Then go onto your first point and introduce it like Primero...then segundo. Try and use subjunctives,good connectives and an example for each point. Hope that helps,I can PM you one of my essay's? I am retaking from last year but sitting A2 this year and have been doing well in those essays.

Okay thank you. Oh yes please that'd be great!!!:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending